Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 150,000 brands and local retailers around the world. Picture your favourite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
Our Customer Support Team loves helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams. We work directly with our brand and retailer partners to manage everyday experiences and ultimately, make their businesses successful!
As a Customer Support Associate you will:
- Make it your mission to foster exceptional customer experiences across the marketplace
- Serve as the front line, go-to resource for customer questions and platform issues
- Support our brand partners with seamless order processing and fulfillment
- Support our retailer partners with successful product curation for their store locations
- Stay on top of internal policies and Faire product offerings in a rapidly changing environment
- Take ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, and escalate when necessary
- Understand business metrics to measure your personal and team contribution to Faire’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of Customer Service, Sales, or related experience
- Open to weekend shifts (e.g. Tuesday - Saturday), and/or during “off-peak” hours
- Flexible schedule to accommodate business needs during peak season
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as we currently support through a variety of mediums including (but not limited to) email and chat
- Empathetic and understanding of our customers’ unique experiences. You must be passionate about delighting our customers every single day!
- Ruthlessly organized, disciplined, and comfortable managing competing priorities with care
- Confident adapting to rapid change in a metrics-based and performance-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multitask; this role will involve navigating and diagnosing website experiences while maintaining focus on the customer and their immediate needs
- Ability to quickly pick up a variety of software applications with ease. Experience with Zendesk or multi-line phone systems would be a bonus!
Why you'll love working at Faire:
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Please note before submitting an application for the Customer Support Specialist role:
As a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Faire may include video and phone interviews, test projects, and/or on-site interviews.