Faire is reimagining the future of retail with a curated wholesale marketplace that connects tens of thousands of local retailers with the world’s best makers. We are looking for a curious and community-driven storyteller to join Faire as our Customer Communications Manager.
This role will source, curate, and distribute the best stories from our community and help bring more awareness to the individuals behind the thriving buy-local movement.. Faire is helping our customers build healthy businesses that play important roles in local economies. Our communications team will be focusing on elevating our customer voices within these communities and beyond. This is a dream job for anyone who loves a fast-paced work environment, creative problem solving, and bringing relevant stories to life.
Since launching in 2017, Faire has empowered thousands of makers and retailers to run the business they’ve always dreamed of building. We’re backed by leading investors, including Forerunner Ventures, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, and Y Combinator. This is a great time to join the Faire team - the future is local!
As our Customer Communications Manager, you will:
- Source and develop customer stories from the Faire marketplace from concept to distribution
- Build relationships with Faire customers and identify influencers within the community to spotlight
- Execute local influencer and media relations to build Faire brand story in key media markets
- Create and manage a pipeline of hundreds of Maker and Retailer stories to achieve ongoing and quarterly press coverage of Faire’s customer base
- Create a framework for Faire influencer profile to help rate as good, better, best case studies
- Ensure Makers and Retailers understand Faire’s vision and are aware of success stories from our marketplace
- Garner local media coverage and create media assets that publicly champion Faire’s mission in action through the lens of our customers
- Collaborate with our brand marketing and Maker Success teams to understand where Faire’s stories can add value and help drive results
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of relevant work experience (In-house experience and agency/editorial experience preferred)
- Experience with consumer and enterprise PR, multi-media content creation and production lifecycles, investigative interviewing, and AP style copywriting
- Newshound - you love to read consumer news and have a keen awareness of how human interest and local stories
- Passion and empathy for makers, retailers and local business owners(you consider going to craft fairs and visiting our retailers to see what products sell fun and not a chore)
- Hunger for a fast-paced environment with constant change
Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent retailers in the US and Canada, doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. Economic data shows: compared to the big box stores, local retailers are flourishing because they offer a better shopping experience. However, the antiquated wholesale industry is holding independent stores back, and making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to rethink the wholesale model with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers and makers to connect and succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for hundreds of curated makers that they can try out totally risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 65,000 retailers to the Faire platform in less than a year after our launch.
Our founders led product and engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) and the Cash app (Square’s only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, Forerunner and Lightspeed; and we were named one of the top 20 YC companies by valuation last year.
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join this movement with us.