Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
Our engineering team is growing fast and we want to ensure that we’re creating the absolute best product possible. We’re in need of someone who can get involved in the product development cycle early, work with Product Managers as they scope features to ensure feature interaction won’t be an issue and detect this early rather than after development has completed. You will also review UX designs and provide feedback on design quality and usability. Work with developers to assist in creating test scripts and teach them to think like a tester while they are developing their test plans and strategies. Write automation where necessary to improve in process capture rate of defects and also assist developers in testing their features. You may be reading this and thinking, wow, this is different from other “test engineer” or “QA” positions. That is totally correct, it is unique, think of this as more of a test strategist and thought partner to all of our product development organization.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, you'll collaborate with us to:
- Work with Product Management to review features and provide guidance early around possible quality issues.
- Work with our world class design team to ensure that our UX is amazing and the user flow is consistent with other areas of our product.
- Work with developers as a test strategist, helping uplevel them in the craft of being a great tester.
- Define and implement test strategies across multiple projects
- Take ownership of our code coverage and develop a strategy to increase it over time
- Work within the engineering team to choose the right tools to measure and enforce code quality
- Execute manual testing along with the developers to validate the quality before releasing.
- Develop automation to ensure our most critical flows don’t regress.
We're excited about you because you have...
- You can work with multiple disciplines and many personality types.
- You have a passion for improving products and you have amazing influential skills.
- You can handle large projects independently with little supervision.
- You can translate technical requirements and quickly action on well-constructed test plans
- A passion for finding issues and working with developers to find solutions to the issues.
- Experience with test automation tools and frameworks
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to solve real problems
- 5+ Years experience in a testing role/function
Bonus/Nice to haves:
- Production experience with a large scale website (e-commerce would be ideal)
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.