Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our fast-growing marketing team. In this role, you’ll lead PMM for a product portfolio and oversee go-to-market and adoption strategy for its entire feature set. There’s lots of white space in this role, and no two projects will be the same: on a given day, you could be developing a go-to-market plan for a net-new feature, strategizing a lifecycle email campaign to drive sustained adoption of a key investment, or drafting sales enablement to help customers understand a new tool.
As Faire’s second Product Marketing Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to help build the product marketing function from the ground up. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with autonomy and prioritization, as they’ll need to manage multiple projects with many cross functional partners simultaneously. They will be excited to lead cross-functional teams and collaborate closely with product, design, and sales.
What you’ll do
- Manage end-to-end go-to-market strategy for an entire product portfolio, overseeing holistic channel strategy, key metrics, marketing and sales collateral, and stakeholder management
- Empower long-term success of your products by developing acquisition and lifecycle marketing campaigns and customer enablement/education
- Lead cross-functional teams across Marketing, Sales, and Operations to ensure successful, collaborative, and on-time execution of GTM and adoption plans
- Demonstrate metric-focused rigor and a results-oriented approach by establishing key metrics for each product marketing campaign and tracking performance against goals
- Build operational excellence for Faire’s up-and-coming product marketing function — as the second PMM at Faire, you’ll help define the role and identify new opportunities for impact
- You have 5+ years of product marketing experience
- You’re comfortable in fluid, independent environments — as the only PMM on your product pillar, you’ll need to identify where and how to invest your time most effectively
- You love developing high-level strategy, but equally love getting into the weeds
- You’re a strong cross-functional leader who can influence outcomes across multiple partners, especially product and sales
- You’re a versatile communicator — you write a marketing email, draft a go-to-market plan, and lead a brainstorm with equal enthusiasm!
- You’re a metric-focused marketer who loves to measure and improve the performance of your craft
- You’re passionate about retail and believe in Faire’s mission to help local retail succeed
- Experience working with sales teams and developing sales enablement/collateral
- Intermediate Excel
- SQL knowledge not required, but a willingness to learn is necessary
- Experience with marketing for events or trade shows
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.