Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands and local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About the role
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to take on a variety of strategic, operational, and analytical projects to drive quality growth for our business. At Faire, you’ll have the chance to lead mission-critical projects end to end -- from working on strategic planning and analysis to presenting your recommendations to Faire’s leadership team and working cross-functionally with our product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams on implementation.
This is an opportunity to join a team where you’re set up for success and play an integral role in helping us scale.
Capital is necessary in every business, but at Faire it serves as a core value proposition to our customers. The Finance & Strategy team ensures we have access to it and are spending it effectively, but also wears several other hats at Faire including strategic growth planning, company-wide performance management, and business analytics. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally on some of our highest priority projects to help drive continued rapid and high-quality growth! This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment and have the opportunity to gain exposure to partnering with a variety of functions including product, growth, sales and data science.
What you'll do:
- Lead strategic planning across one or more functional areas of company, partnering with a wide range of leaders throughout the organization to position the business for future success
- Identify opportunities, develop hypotheses, and execute in-depth analyses to translate data into insights and make recommendations to Faire’s leadership team based on your findings
- Enable our organization to continue to be highly data-driven as we scale by synthesizing insights, building financial models and developing KPIs for real-time monitoring of performance, investor relations and fundraising
- A Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience in strategic corporate finance, private equity/venture capital, investment banking and/or management consulting
- You are analytical and data-driven - you can define KPIs and measure progress/success for your initiatives
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- You are a team player that wants to win while also having fun with teammates along the way
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with or for a fast growing marketplace business
- Experience with equity and/or debt capital markets
Why you’ll love working at Faire:
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.