Director of Product
Who You Are
As the Director of Product , you'll work closely with the Product and Executive Leadership team to help them grow, scale and run the business more effectively. In this role, you will help manage the business through three primary functions: Project and Program Management, Business Insights and Analytics and Strategic Analyses and Communications. You will collaborate cross-functionally to develop and manage resourcing plans, enabling our team to execute and innovate at speed. You will serve as a critical partner for senior leaders on ad hoc projects ranging from business decision support to working with external partners. Finally you'll serve as a Program Manager for key projects, driving both the strategic vision and project execution forward.
What You'll Do
The job itself has wide scope but focused on the following:
- Develop a key performance indicators (KPI) dashboard and competitive insights for use by Executive team to manage the business. Establish and lead operating processes and tools for effectively managing the organization, including actively tracking key trends in lagging/leading metrics.
- Provide insightful data-driven strategic recommendations to leadership. Communicate findings from initiatives to management and the broader organization.
- Partner closely with other functions relevant to the team, including Engineering, Communications, PR, Marketing, Finance, Legal and Operations. Use cross-functional knowledge and seek to understand issues, trends and perspectives that may influence the business.
- Drive the Product Leadership team towards clear, efficient and accountable decision making. Distill and cascade core tenets of our strategy for board, leadership and other internal and external stakeholders.
What You'll Need
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in Strategy, Stakeholder and Project Management.
- Experience in Finance, Strategy and/or Management Consulting.
- Experience working in the technology or similar industry.
- MBA and/or graduate degree.
- Experience partnering effectively with cross-functional teams or projects.
- Experience working with external C-level partners and an understanding of consumer products including retail distribution.
- Ability to work across multiple functions - including Sales, Communications, Finance, with working knowledge of Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, HR and Operations.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective Program Management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic and operational initiatives.
What You'll Get
- 100% coverage of medical, dental & vision benefits for employees AND their families
- Equity incentives (it’s only Fair that we are all owners of the company)
- Unlimited vacation package
- Daily catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Cellphone reimbursement
- Green commuter benefits (1 block from Light rail)
- Paid parking
- Employee referrals rewards
- Diverse & inclusive culture
- Leadership & mentorship programs
- Discount on Fair cars