Who You Are:
You have experience preparing the legal transfer documents for the Department of Motor Vehicles and completing administrative processes to ensure the smooth transition of vehicle ownership from Fair to a customer.
What You’ll Do:
- Process pre-owned vehicle registrations and other DMV related transactions.
- Process titles, and registrations of automobiles, ensuring conformance with title/registration requirements.
- Interpret and apply provisions of the vehicle code, regulations and policies to ensure proper titles and registrations.
- Conduct inspections of vehicle serial numbers by physically inspecting the vehicle for such numbers.
- Verify sales tax, registration and title fees collected by dealers.
- Process new and renewal license registrations and title transactions sent by mail, researching additional requirements needed for transactions not able to be completed.
- Prepare all support documents needed to complete registrations and title transactions.
- Process complete registrations and title transactions through electronic registration systems or by mail/DMV appointment.
- Communicate internally and with dealers to collect missing documents.
- Maintain transfer logs.
- Process refunds or cancellations of transactions.
- File documents, maintain correspondence and perform other regular clerical duties as related to the position or as assigned.
- Open and sort mail.
What You’ll Need:
- Accuracy is critical.
- Proficient at CA DMV Electronic registration and title systems (i.e., DMV Desk).
- One to two years general college education, business or office courses highly desired.
- Two to three years of recent experience in a titling position or related field required.
- Must be able to read and comprehend Motor Vehicle Law and State procedure manuals.
- Proficient with computers.
- Ability to pay attention to detail; ability to work quickly and accurately; ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient math skills.