Fair is a new way to shop, sign and pay for your next car—all on your phone. It gives customers the freedom to drive the car they want for as long as they want without a loan, long-term commitment, or even physical paperwork. Imagine never having to borrow money for a car again.
At Fair, our name says it all. It’s the way we treat our customers, our partners and our fast-growing family of employees. We believe in hard work—and that it should be rewarded. That’s why we offer equity incentives, education reimbursement, 100% coverage of medical, vision and dental premiums for employees and their families, 100% paid parental leave for 4 months, cell phone reimbursement, 401(k) retirement plans and free lunch five days a week for every employee. The way we see it, it’s better to be more than fair than not to live up to our name.
Fair is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
WHO YOU ARE
Fair is looking for a Buying Specialist to work in our Phoenix office. The Buying Specialist will be responsible for assisting and managing purchase forecasting and inventory management of vehicles for Fair.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Monitor used automobile market for trends in vehicle values
- Relationship building with suppliers
- Source vehicles and analyze data to create buy lists
- Purchase vehicles from a variety of online platforms/auctions using analytical decision-making
- Work cross-functionally with External Companies to better understand needs, provide input on strong vehicle fit, and reporting on any major changes to procurement in the market
- Maintain relationships with key vendors
- Forecast purchasing needs for each market
- Act as a liaison between the purchasing function and other business units
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Past large volume wholesale vehicle purchasing experience
- At least 2 years of experience organizing and analyzing data using Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Ability to work with vendors to make inquiries and negotiate transactions
- Ability to delegate work to internal team for data entry
WHAT YOU GET
- 100% coverage of medical, dental & vision benefits for employee AND their family
- Equity incentives (it’s only Fair that we are all part owners of the company)
- 100% paid parental leave for 4 months
- Daily catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Cellphone reimbursement
- Green commuter benefits (1 block from Light rail)
- Paid parking
- Employee referral rewards
- Diverse & inclusive culture
- Generous vacation package
- Discount on Fair cars