Who You Are:
We are looking to add a Tow Truck Driver to join our team! You will be responsible for safely operating a truck with a capacity of at least 19,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW).
What You’ll Do:
- Driver will be responsible for attaching the vehicle to the tow truck and removing the vehicle from the tow truck bed. Depending on the type of tow truck, this may include using a chain, winch, steering locks, and other devices as well as affixing lights onto the towed vehicle.
- Must be capable of driving an oversized vehicle in all driving conditions and environments
- Able to use special tools such as Winch, Skates, Chains, etc...
- Physical Demands include significant lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; frequent climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; significant fine finger dexterity.
- Working Environment - Performed under some temperature variations and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
- Previous experience working as a tow truck operator or auto transport hauler is a plus
What You’ll Have:
- Must have previous experience working as a tow truck driver/operator
- Must be at least 25 years old.
- Must have 2 years of verifiable driving experience.
- Valid California Driver’s license. CDL preferred but not required.
- Clean driving record with no more than (3) points in the last (36) months
- Must be able to speak, read and write English; Fluent in Spanish is a plus
- No responsible accidents within the past (12) months.
- Medium-Heavy auto transport haul, and heavy tow experience desirable.
- Ability to use a GPS Navigation Device, computer or tablet.
- Must be proficient at operating a variety of different motor vehicles with manual and automatic transmissions
- Possess basic mechanical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and good customer service skills
- Able to pass a drug test
- No felony convictions
- Must be prepared to work holidays, nights, days, weekends. Occasional on call work may be required. Must be able to adapt to changing work priorities and interruptions.
- Perform all assigned deliveries in a professional and timely manner.
- Must be neat in appearance
- You present yourself well on the phone and in person, you take pride in yourself, your job, your work space/vehicle, and you are organized and responsible.