Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Fair is a FinTech company that provides a new way to shop, get approved and pay for your next car—all on your phone. It gives customers the freedom to drive the car they want for as long as they want, and the flexibility to turn it in at any time.
Our name pretty much says it all. It's our culture. It's the way we treat our customers, our network of dealers and our fast-growing family of employees. We believe in hard work, and we believe hard work should be rewarded. That's why we offer equity incentives, 100% coverage of medical, vision and dental premiums for employees and their families, 100% paid parental leave for 4 months, cellphone reimbursement, 401(k) retirement plans and free lunch 5 days a week for every employee. The way we see it, better to be more than fair than not to live up to our name.
Who You Are:
You are a CPA with an accounting degree and 10+ years of relevant work experience, including accounting experience with a public company. Ideally, you're working, or have worked at a financial services, fintech or software/technology company. You are a technically versed, focused, level-headed person that is interested in an immersed operating role.
What You’ll Do:
You will be leading a growing team and reporting to the SVP Finance and Risk. You will help reinforce our culture of autonomy AND accountability which is the foundation of our corporate culture. As we break new ground, you will have to interpret US GAAP and define our accounting policies, financial close and internal control procedures. Your cultural fit will be paramount as navigating the complex demands of a dynamic startup will be an immediate challenge for whomever controls the flow of resources and support.
- Establish and manage the company’s financial reporting policies and procedures and develop and document business processes and accounting policies
- Assist with the structuring of business transactions to ensure appropriate and optimized technical accounting interpretation. Oversee the documentation of technical accounting memos and coordinate review with external auditors.
- Partner with FP&A and business operating teams to facilitate strong reporting and interpretation of financial results. Track, report and monitor financial and operating KPIs.
- Seek automation enhancements and oversee the implementing of financial systems. Lead accounting process improvements and change initiatives, streamlining processes, developing metrics and creating operating efficiencies.
- Develop protocols to maintain effective cost controls, healthy budgeting and oversee disciplined AR/AP management. Review current outsourced billings and collections operations and make recommendations for improvement.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all level. Adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Lead and support the month-end and year-end financial close process. Prepare and analyze cash flow reporting and optimize cash flow management. Oversee external audit.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Build-out and ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
What You’ll Need:
- 12+ years of experience in accounting, financial and analytical roles, CPA required, Big 4 experience preferred
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance a must; MBA preferred
- Experience working in a financial services company, startup, SaaS company or software businesses undergoing rapid growth and change
- Strong negotiation and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data including presentations to senior management
- Be a self-starter committed to achieving results with a strong sense of ownership and follow-through
- Excellent team building and leadership skills with a focus on continual development, performance, accountability and self-motivation