If you’re looking for a traditional human resources position at a traditional company – this is not it. This is an opportunity to join a locally and nationally recognized “best place to work,” and make it even better. The successful candidate will focus on building and retaining a great team – and contributing to a strong and collaborative culture.
The Human Resources Manager collaborates with senior leaders to manage key initiatives designed to attract and retain a changing workforce, while balancing the needs of our business. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in HR or recruitment, with a thorough understanding of HR policy and procedures. In partnership with executive leadership, this individual also supports development of human resources strategies and recommends areas of improvement to internal standard operating procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
Compliance, Company Practices + Procedures
- Partners with executive leadership to communicate human resources trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new industry technologies in human resources.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Ensures company policies are up-to-date, in line with organizational needs, and that appropriate documents are in place (handbook and other related materials, state specific policies, reporting, labor law posters, etc).
- Actively seeks out legal/government requirements impacting human resources functions.
- Maintains organization charts, employee performance review files and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Partners with the Chief Financial Officer to analyze trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Proactively develops relationships with Fahlgren Mortine employees; answers routine human resources-related questions and manages employee relations efforts to ensure legally-sound employment practices.
- Manages employee performance management processes, terminations and investigations.
- Supports development of management training to ensure supervisors are empowered to play an active role in the entire employee life cycle; opportunities may include training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review management and workplace harassment.
- Prepares employee separation communication and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews.
- Partners with internal communications in the development of employee communications for human resources initiatives.
- As appropriate, escalates human resources initiatives to the senior human resources lead for Fahlgren Mortine’s ownership group, Eastport Holdings.
- May support pre-employment/onboarding strategies for Fahlgren Mortine and its subsidiaries.
- May support the Human Resources Program Manager in the execution of employee engagement programming.
Talent Acquisition + Recruiting
- Leverages external networks and social media recruiting platforms to identify and connect with top talent for Fahlgren Mortine and its subsidiaries.
- Investigates new and innovative talent sourcing strategies.
- Develops and maintains candidate pipeline (uses advanced internet and database searches, referrals, professional associations, social media and research to meet talent demands).
- Maintains an understanding of industry trends related to talent acquisition.
- Utilizes the firm’s applicant tracking system to post job openings and route resumes to the hiring manager; coordinates and schedules interviews; greets and escorts candidates; serves as point of contact for candidates as well as provides updates and feedback on interview process.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- At least seven years of human resources department experience in a fast-paced work setting; preferably in a managerial role.
- Demonstrated understanding of federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Experience developing, writing and implementing policies as it relates to human resources laws.
- Experience with multi-state human resources compliance as it relates to human resources matters.
- Proven experience managing recruiting processes internally and with external staffing firms.
- Experience recruiting talent within different practice areas is a plus.
- Ability to support and collaborate with a workforce locally and in remote locations within a multidisciplinary environment.
- Previous experience collaborating directly with internal communications team to execute human resources initiatives and programming.
- Demonstrates a thoughtful approach in presenting business solutions while balancing employee needs and priorities.
- Strong sense of urgency accompanied by a “roll up your sleeves” approach.
- Ability to manage challenging situations and confidential information.
- Solid strategic thinking and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to support an internal team to achieve a common goal.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- B.S./B.A. or equivalent in business, human resources or related field required; master’s degree in business, human resources or organizational development a plus.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements for this position.
Please, no phone calls. Relocation will not be provided.
Fahlgren Mortine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT FAHLGREN MORTINE
Fahlgren Mortine has been providing clients with impactful marketing and communications programs since our founding in 1962. As a communications-led integrated agency, we serve organizations and clients around the world, including 10 Fortune 500 companies. We are proud to operate as one of the premier integrated marketing and communications agencies in the United States with 2019 revenue of approximately $33 million. We have nearly 200 full-time marketing and communications professionals who support clients of all sizes throughout the United States and abroad from offices in Columbus, Cleveland and Dayton, Ohio; Denver, Colo.; Charleston, W. Va.; Boise, Idaho; Myrtle Beach S.C.; Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles and New York City. Capabilities include social media, digital services, advertising, public relations, research, branding, media planning/buying, creative and design. For more information, please visit www.fahlgrenmortine.com.
Fahlgren Mortine is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way work is normally done, which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the company. Please let us know if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.