Factory is next generation business club fostering innovation. We connect the right people to build relationships that truly matter. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to make a real impact and create the world of tomorrow. Our curated community brings together the brightest minds from all over the globe. Our network includes freelancers, startups from all possible stages and verticals, established corporations as well as investors and leading influencers from politics and science.We operate the first and largest startup campus in Germany. Our locations provide access to our members and partners to an inspiring work environment and exclusive events. Our home and heart is in Berlin, as we believe in the potentials of the local creative scene.
The Director of Operations is the guarantor, who is overseeing our Campus Operations, Facility Management and Event Management units.. The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate an impeccable product experience, with world-class events and facilities.. The Director is focusing on the customer experience while ensuring all operations are running smoothly, efficiently and on a high quality level.
- Manage the campus operations of our two campuses including hospitality, facility and events
- Lead our Campus and Event units and provide senior management to your teams
- Be the stakeholder to our gastronomy subsidiary consisting of restaurants and cafés
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Assess overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Liaise with C-level to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- BSc/BA in business administration, hospitality or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Proven track record in a Management or MD role in a top notch hotel/ resort business club or Co-working space
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of event planning and delivery, hospitality and facility management
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. finance, customer service, etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- Fluent in English, German is a big plus
What to expect:
You’ll work alongside a young, creative and talented team. Some of us work with our community, some of us work with our products, brand etc., and we’re more than happy to share our knowledge with you. We live and breath architecture and design, and our own offices reflect that too. You’ll also have access to a fridge stocked with free drinks and more chocolate than you’ve ever seen.
Come and join one of the most exciting projects in Berlin! Work alongside a dynamic, international team, and broaden your horizons by growing together with Factory and helping us build a thriving community.