Empowering a Sustainable Future
Factorial Energy a dynamic venture-backed company dedicated to creating a sustainable future. With a passionate team of engineers and business professionals, Factorial is developing breakthrough solid-state battery technology to enable safe, scalable, and high-performance cells for electric vehicles. Operating out of its research and development facility in the Greater Boston Area. Factorial holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading FEST® (Factorial Electrolyte System Technology). The company entered joint development agreements with Mercedes-Benz, Stellantis, and Hyundai Motor company and was recently featured in The Boston Globe and The New York Times.
This role is for an individual who will help design, develop, and test the mechanical components of Factorial Energy’s next generation solid state batteries. An ideal candidate would have a background in the automotive, aerospace, or energy industries with solid mechanical engineering skills and a desire to learn about Lithium based batteries.
- Design and develop new cell designs and form factors based around Factorial’s cell technology.
- Revise and update drawings, models, specifications, and other project documents through the Engineering Change procedure
- Develop high quality CAD models and drawings for Factorial’s cell product.
- Work with external suppliers, and internal production teams to meet design capabilities based on manufacturing processes.
- Develop and maintain product bill of materials, assembly drawings, and product specifications.
- Analyze designs for design challenges using processes such as DFMEA and tolerance analysis.
- Develop testing procedures to ensure cell designs meet industry standards for safety and reliability.
- Create and maintain project timelines and provide regular updates to project management team.
- Analyze design concepts using simulation software such as Solidworks Simulation or ANSYS.
- Present design concepts to both internal and external customers.
- Mentor junior engineers and staff on engineering design and development.
- Build and create testing fixtures using in house machine shop, 3D printers, and outside contact manufacturers.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with battery technologies such as lithium-ion is preferred.
- 3 – 7 years of experience in a mechanical design role in a product development setting.
- 3+ years of experience with a 3D modeling software such as Solidworks, Catia, Creo, etc.
- Experience working with sheet metal, welding techniques, and injection molding.
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as function independently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take team feedback to incorporate into your designs, as well as give constructive feedback to others.
Nice to have Qualifications
- Working experience of ASME standards including GD&T.
- Experience utilizing a finite element analysis software such as Solidworks Simulation, ANSYS, COMSOL, or others.
- Experience with material analysis tools such as an INSTRON
- Experience with assembling initial prototypes.
- Experience utilizing machining equipment such as a vertical endmill, band saw, lathe, welding, etc.
Some of our competitive benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Education assistance plan
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
Cheonan, South Korea
Factorial Energy is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
To request a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact email@example.com