Empowering a Sustainable Future
Factorial Energy is a dynamic venture-backed company dedicated to creating a sustainable future. With a passionate team of engineers and business professionals, Factorial is developing breakthrough solid-state battery technology to enable safe, scalable, and high-performance cells for electric vehicles. Operating out of its research and development facility in the Greater Boston Area, Factorial holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading FEST® (Factorial Electrolyte System Technology). The company entered joint development agreements with Mercedes-Benz, Stellantis, and Hyundai Motor company and was recently featured in The Boston Globe and The New York Times.
This role is for Senior Prismatic Cell Engineer of “all” solid state batteries at Factorial Energy. The ideal candidate will have a Mechanical Engineering background, experience managing customer relationships, and strong communication skills. Please note, this position will require up to 20% travel. This role reports to the Manager, Mechanical Engineering.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the Design and Development of a new prismatic cell design for Factorial’s All-Solid-State Batteries.
- Evaluate design concepts utilizing FEA, DFMEA, and other engineering best practices.
- Develop new testing methods to evaluate cell design and performance.
- Work with external suppliers, and internal production teams to meet design capabilities based on manufacturing processes.
- Effectively communicate project developments with external customers.
- Close communication with the mechanical team and cell design team.
- Using equipment on the vendor's base, the prismatic cell is fabricated.
We are looking for people with:
- Master or Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
- 7 years (5 with Master’s) experience.
- 5+ years experience with a 3D modeling program such as Solidworks, Creo, Catia, or NX.
- Experience using a FEA program such as Solidworks Simulation, ANSYS, or COMSOL.
- Experience with engineering analysis such as FMEA, FAI, Tolerance Analysis.
- Working knowledge if ASME Y14.5 dimensioning.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take team feedback to incorporate into your designs, as well as give constructive feedback to others.
- Experience with advanced stamping manufacturing processes such as deep-draw or impact extrusion
- Experience with laser welding.
- Experience with other structural can / enclosure products, such as pressure or vacuum chambers
- Experience in any of the following industries: Automotive, Aerospace, Battery, Power Electronics.
What’s in it for you:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5% 401K company match
- Family medical leave
- Mental health benefit
805 Middlesex Turnpike, Billerica, MA 01821
Factorial Energy is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
To request a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact Wenyan Li (email@example.com)