Factorial Energy is transforming battery technology to enable safe, scalable, and high-performance cells for electric vehicles. Operating out of its world-class research and development facility in Woburn, MA. Factorial holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading FEST™ (Factorial Electrolyte System Technology)
- Hands-on monthly analysis of actual results versus budget, forecast, prior year, and trailing 12
months. Collaborate with CFO and Controller to ensure monthly financials are accurate and
- Prepare monthly financial reports for CFO and leadership team which include variance analysis
and explanations against budget, forecast, prior year, and trailing 12 months.
- Manage and drive regular operational performance meetings with leadership that presents key
performance information and identifies operational improvement opportunities.
- Build, maintain and update business forecasts including a rolling 12-month view.
- Manage integrated forecasting models which include profit and loss, department budgets, balance sheet, cash flow and statement of stockholder equity.
- Hands-on management and execution of the Company’s annual budgeting process.
- The budget will include top level financials, profits and loss, balance sheets, cash flow, department budgets, consolidated views by expense line and all supporting files.
- Prepare Company financial and operational plans which align with Company strategic plan.
- Perform “what if” scenario planning.
- Analyze past financial performance and examine market trends.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools. Implement business intelligence tools such as Adaptive that are integrated with NetSuite.
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps.
- Reviewing operations and recommending new productivity or cost saving initiatives.
- Detailed analysis on cost centers.
- Prepare business cases to support new investment, strategic, and other business decisions.
- Benchmark Company performance against industry peers.
- Assist and support executive management with presentations.
- Highly proficient in professional communication with the ability to communicate complex
financial data clearly and concisely to non-financial colleagues.
- Strong in planning and organizational skills with rock solid execution skills
- Proactive in acquiring information and data necessary to successfully perform duties
- Highly proficient in financial modeling including integrated models containing P&L, BS and CF
- An Excel ninja utilizing the latest formulas, tools and graphics.
- Prior experience with BI tools including Tableau
- Highly proficient preparing executive slides in Power Point.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Minimum 5-years in an enterprise financial role.
- Strong preference for prior work experience in a manufacturing company, preferably in electronics
- Minimum 5-years in financial modeling.
- Strong understanding of cost accounting.
- Ability to present data graphically as well as numerically
- High level of business acumen.
- Understanding of data analytics.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency in MS Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with NetSuite and Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
- Self-driven; demonstrated ability to manage time, multi-task and deliver consistent timely results.