Factorial is looking for a Sr. anode Engineer who will be responsible for next generation battery development to join its product development team in Woburn, Massachusetts. The successful candidate will take anode development, mainly on surface-design of Lithium metal or/and copper and characterization of surface design of anode. This position requires an understanding and experience in surface design of anode, interphase reaction of anode with electrolyte, surface treatment technology and lithium metal batteries . The role will entail independent design and execution of experiments, data analysis, and collaboration with the internal and external team. The candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills to facilitate exchanges between various departments within the company. This position will report to the product development division of Factorial Energy.
- MS or PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical or polymer or material Engineering
- 5+ year experiences with deep and fundamental knowledge in design of lithium metal chemistry and surface design of anode for next generation battery
- Highly experience in design of surface on anode including lithium metal, anode free and solid state battery
- Good knowledge and experience in surface treatment such as electrodeposition, vacuum deposition etc..
- Good understanding and experience in interphase reaction mechanism between anode and electrolyte
- Expertise and hands-on experience in characterization and evaluation of material
- Proven track record of success in bringing projects to fruition
- Willingness to execute on multiple tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work within project teams and with customers with dedication and technical excellence
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Design surface of anode to improve the performance to meet customer requirement for next generation battery such as lithium metal battery, solid state battery etc.
- Develop and validate the anode system through developing protection layer on anode
- Characterize the surface properties of anode to fix the fundamental problem such as low efficiency, swelling and so on
- Lead the development of method or material through understanding the reaction mechanism on the surface between electrolyte and electrode
- Define the properties and requirement for anode product
- Provide expertise to resolve production and quality issues
- Collaborate and communicate with internal customers directly on cell development
Factorial is dedicated to creating high-performance and safe materials for next generation batteries. As an agile and energetic startup, we strive for excellence in execution and innovation on a daily basis. We are rapidly expanding our established development and manufacturing operations in order to fulfill our customers’ needs for superior battery materials.
Factorial is an equal opportunity employer.