Factorial is looking for a Sr. Electrode Process Engineer responsible for developing and optimizing the Electrode manufacturing process for our next-generation cell technology. The successful candidate will assume Electrode process/equipment engineering and development role joining Factorial’s team in Woburn, MA. This role requires experience in designing and developing processes, layout, installation of equipment, and statistical data analysis. This candidate will be involved in pilot scale, low and high-volume production, and process optimization for new projects. The candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills to facilitate exchanges between various departments within the company.
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical/Material Engineering
- 5 years experience in process development and engineering for Li-ion battery
- Technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in developing advanced manufacturing process innovation projects
- Experience with new machine launching and manufacturing process optimization
- Strong analytical thinking, as well as problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong experience in process optimization through statistical analysis, Lean/Six-Sigma experience a plus
- Proven track record of success in bringing projects to fruition
- Willingness to execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to work within project teams and with customers with dedication and technical excellence
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Specify and Implement the New Equipment/Tools and verify to meet requirements in FAT and SAT
- Design production floor plan layout
- Specify the production environment/Utilities in collaboration with Product development and R&D
- Work with product engineering to refine designs for manufacturing
- Specify and define manufacturing process flow and create PFD
- Develop PFMEA to identify the process failure and create a mitigation plan
- Develop CP (Control Plan) working with product and quality engineering
- Design and develop packaging standards/specifications for pilot-scale production
- Support and provide technical direction to the production team for 4M preparation
- Find and Optimize IP (Installation Parameter) and PP (Process Parameter) on key production processes.
- Lead prototype/pilot build for newly developed products
Factorial is dedicated to creating high-performance and safe materials for lithium-ion batteries. As an agile and energetic startup, we strive for excellence in execution and innovation on a daily basis. We are rapidly expanding our established R&D and manufacturing operations in order to fulfill our customers’ needs for superior battery materials.
Factorial is an equal opportunity employer.