Factorial Energy is looking for a Scientist – Lithium metal batteries Development to join its R&D team in Woburn, Massachusetts. The successful candidate will take laboratory-oriented tasks and will focus on Lithium metal, surface-treatment of Lithium metal, or electrolyte formulation development for lithium metal batteries. This position requires an understanding of lithium batteries, lithium metal, and electrolyte chemistry. Candidates must have academic or industrial experience with lithium metal batteries development. The role will entail independent design and execution of experiments, data analysis, and collaboration with Factorial Energy’s R&D. Applicants should expect to be closely involved in patent filings and must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or related fields
- Graduates with less than 2 years’ postgraduate experience with development of Li metal batteries
- Hand on experience from preparation to application with fundamental understanding the dynamic changes of lithium metal batteries working in the energy storage systems and generate solutions to the challenges.
- Proven track record of work on projects related to the Li metal cells.
- Experience with quasi-solid-state electrolyte development is a plus
- Plus for candidates with testing and evaluating experience of lithium metal batteries in pouch cell level.
- Willingness to execute on multiple tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to work within project teams with dedication and technical excellence
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Design, develop and validate strategies to stabilize Li metal anode or optimize electrolyte composition for long cell cycle life.
- Analysis and characterization of the Li metal anode, electrolyte formulation, and develop understanding of relationship between the Li metal surface morphology and cell performance.
- Contribute to the fabrication process development to optimize product cost and quality.
- Provide scientific support to project teams to resolve both practical and fundamental issues
- Maintain compliance with all company protocols related to confidentiality, assignment of inventions, and other policies or duties as identified and assigned
Factorial Energy is dedicated to creating high-performance and safe materials for lithium-ion batteries. As an agile and energetic startup, we strive for excellence in execution and innovation on a daily basis. We are rapidly expanding our established R&D and manufacturing operations in order to fulfill our customers’ needs for superior battery materials.
Job title and compensation will be based on experience. Factorial Energy is an equal opportunity employer.