Fabric, the one-stop shop for new parents to secure their family's financial future, is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team. This role will report to the Head of Analytics and support the Growth Marketing, Finance, and Insurance Operations teams. The ideal candidate will be a great problem solver and willing to continuously get hands-on with coding and develop and maintain a robust data platform compatible with the analytics framework.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, architect and support both internal and external data platforms, pipelines, and APIs for data engineering and processing
- Build operational automation and develop tools to improve the efficiency of the existing data related tech stack
- Extract, load, transform, clean, wrangle and validate data using cloud based ETL and ELT tools and ensure that data is compatible with analytics use cases
- Get hands-on with coding (SQL and/or Python/R) and produce high quality, robust, and easy to maintain codes
- Assemble large and complex data sets and develop a structured and scalable process to meet business requirements
- Help build scalable processes and dashboards to deliver business performance metrics and develop actionable insights
- Leverage internal and web-based analytics tools (e.g. Google analytics) to analyze user data and develop marketing and product insights
- Help foster and deepen the culture of data-driven decision making across marketing, product, finance, insurance operations and everything else in between
- Work closely with key stakeholders to scope and execute on ad-hoc analytics projects in accordance with business needs
To be successful, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a quantitative field
- 2-3 years of experience as a data engineer and/or data analyst
- Demonstrated interest in exploring and solving thorny problems
- Experience with back-end infrastructure and designing and building scalable data pipelines/platforms
- Ability to work with massive and messy data sets
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT tools and cloud technologies/platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Attention to detail and desire to understand the underlying reality of the business operations, audience, characteristics, etc.
- Experience interacting with multiple stakeholders in an organization (e.g. business, engineering, product)
- Excellent analytical and clean and concise verbal/written communication skills
- Experience with SQL is required
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g. descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing, A/B testing) and predictive modeling is a plus
- Experience with Python and/or R is a plus
What is it like to work at Fabric?
Fabric is a financial technology company that makes it simple, fast, and easy to buy life insurance, create a will, and organize your family's finances.
From electronic signatures to underwriting, the customer is at the core of everything we build. We aim to create humane software that includes only the essential complexity. Like software, we are a constant work in progress, and we believe that personal growth comes from making mistakes and exploring thorny problems. The quality of our work is driven by the diversity of our individual backgrounds and experiences.
Come join us as we re-make a $650 Billion industry and work to improve the lives of millions of families.