Department: Ops Engineering
Reports to: Lead SDE
Location: Vancouver, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Who we are:
Fabric is a new commerce platform that gives retailers tools to create Amazon-grade shopping experiences. We champion a new, harmonious way of doing business that emphasizes connectedness and collaboration over competition and dominance. This is showcased in our products that rely on microservices, APIs, and easy integrations, and in our globally distributed team that genuinely cares about its customers. Our founders directed groundbreaking commerce initiatives at Staples and eBay, and our CEO created multi-billion dollar projects at Amazon. We're growing fast and looking for more awesome people to join us.
Your next career:
The Software Quality Engineer, partners with Product, Engineering and Design teams to deliver new features and enhancements for Fabric’s new eCommerce platform. This position focuses on providing eCommerce and related technology expertise to design, develop, and support of on-line, customer-facing, eCommerce products.
The successful candidate will have experience as a strong, hands-on technologist. A person who is comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is required. Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop product features that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Creation of automated test scripts to reduce the amount of time and effort spent on testing.
- Strongly adhere to specification and style guides.
- Ensure the application meets the performance, quality and targets.
- Leverage new and established testing methodologies.
- Translate the given design document into proper Test Cases for maintainability.
- Work hand-in-hand with developers to understand the flow of modules and document it.
- Execution of test cases/test scripts for manual/automation testing.
- Should have working knowledge of SQL server.
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases.
- Analyze data and results of tests, record defects, provide status.
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using JIRA or similar tools/means.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Build Deployment on Test Environment.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ year experience as QA Engineer
- At least 2-3 years of building automated test frameworks (Selenium WebDriver specifically)
- Must have complete knowledge of the Testing lifecycle.
- Must have experience with REST API based testing strategies
- Experience with SDLC including unit tests, code management, and build tools (Maven, SBT), code management tools (Bitbucket) and deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Experience with Performance Testing (CloudTest, JMeter, Web Page Test)
- Must have excellent manual testing skills (Unit, Cluster and Integration testing).
- Must have good written & communications skills to write the test cases and documentation.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery using AWS and container technologies such as docker is required
- Good Analytical skills, Proactive, Capability of thinking through a scenario.
What we bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Additional Benefits packages which include Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision
- Fast-paced, fun and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally