Reports to: Vice President, Engineering
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Employment Type: Full-time, Remote
Start date: ASAP
Who we are:
Fabric is the new commerce infrastructure for the Internet. Our mission is to accelerate the GMV of the Internet by providing a platform and ecosystem to fundamentally change the way commerce happens in a multi-channel world.
We're building a future where Direct-to-Consumer Brands, Retailers, and B2B Businesses (wholesalers, manufacturers, and distributors) have the commerce capabilities that today are only afforded by Marketplace organizations with billions of dollars in R&D. We’re building a future where the customer experience of discovery, shopping, or replenishment is individualized, delightful, and seamless in all channels. We’re building a future where merchandising, marketing, and commerce operations teams have intelligent, powerful, and practical tools to best serve their customers and grow every channel of commerce. We’re building a future where developers have a platform that is highly secure, scalable, the most adaptable, and simplest to build upon.
We are a team of passionate people who love what we do. Join us to build the new commerce fabric for the internet.
Your next Career:
The Back-end Software Development Engineer – SDE, partners with Product, Engineering and Design teams to deliver new features and enhancements for Fabric’s new eCommerce platform. This position focuses on providing eCommerce and related technology expertise to design, develop, and support of on-line, customer facing, eCommerce products.
The successful candidate will have experience of a strong, hands-on technologist. A person who is comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is required. Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop product features that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
What are you going to do:
- Design and implement high performance scalable data centric serverless microservices
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll out applications with cross-functional impact
- Own continuous improvement and fine tuning of API performance, scalability and security
- Independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Flexible approach to analyzing technical issues and clearly communicating recommendations/solutions
- Proficient in agile development methodologies
- Expected to deliver consistently with little supervision
What do you bring to the table:
- 6 - 8 years of professional experience (in house or contract)
- Strong application development background and understanding of Web Application technologies and techniques -
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
- Experience development of large scale consumer facing micro-services solution is highly recommended
- Experience building serverless solutions is highly-preferred
- eCommerce experience is highly-preferred
What we bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Benefits packages
- Fast paced, fun and collaborative environment
- Co-workers that will care for you both personally and professionally