Reports to: VP of Engineering
Location: Remote | India
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Who we are:
Fabric is a modern commerce platform that gives retailers tools to create world-class shopping experiences for mid-market enterprises. We champion a new, harmonious way of doing business that emphasizes connectedness and collaboration over competition and dominance. This is showcased in our products that rely on microservices, APIs, and easy integrations, and in our globally distributed team that genuinely cares about its customers. Our founders directed groundbreaking commerce initiatives at Amazon, Staples, Google and eBay. We're growing fast and looking for more awesome people to join us.
Your next career:
The Principal Engineer, partners with Product, Engineering and Design teams to deliver new features and enhancements for Fabric new eCommerce platform. This position focuses on providing eCommerce and related technology expertise to design, develop, and support of on-line, customer facing, eCommerce business solutions.
The successful candidate will have experience of a strong, hands-on technologist. A person who is comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is required. Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Lead the definition of software architecture for Fabric’s eCommerce solution across various products and integrated solutions
- Mentor other engineers in their technical and architectural decision making
- Write, review and maintain code primarily in React, Node & Python.
- Define and maintain the enterprise data model of Fabric databases in MongoDB
- Explore, evaluate, recommend, and act as the lead subject matter in emerging technology trends and proof-of-concept efforts.
- Provide technical guidance and architecture solutions to Fabric solution delivery
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of work experience as a Staff Engineer, Principal engineer or an IT/Software/Solution Architect.
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Experience building cloud-based solutions preferably on AWS.
- Well versed with AWS, Azure and Google cloud offerings
- Experience working with a highly cross-functional team and handling multiple priorities
- eCommerce platform delivery experience is preferred.
- AWS Serverless based development experience is preferred.
What we bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Fast-paced, fun and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally