Department: Ops Engineering
Reports to: Lead SDE
Location: Vancouver, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Who we are:
Fabric is a modern commerce platform that gives retailers tools to create world-class shopping experiences for mid-market enterprises. We champion a new, harmonious way of doing business that emphasizes connectedness and collaboration over competition and dominance. This is showcased in our products that rely on microservices, APIs, and easy integrations, and in our globally distributed team that genuinely cares about its customers. Our founders directed groundbreaking commerce initiatives at Amazon, Staples, Google and eBay. We're growing fast and looking for more awesome people to join us.
Your next career:
The DevOps Engineer partners with Product, Engineering and Design teams to deliver new features and enhancements for Fabric’s eCommerce platform. This position focuses on providing eCommerce and related technology expertise to design, develop, and support on-line, customer facing, eCommerce business solutions.
The successful candidate will have experience of a strong, hands-on technologist. A person who is comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is required. Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Work on our client’s e-commerce solution. Our eCommerce solution runs on AWS with a server less architecture and a ReactJs front-end. We use several kinds of in-memory and persistent data storage.
- Manage deployment of code components through a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline.
- Lead a small team dedicated to management and projects, supporting a high-performing, cloud infrastructure
- Work with a small but experienced tech team, providing an unparalleled continuous learning environment with growth potential.
- Able to move the needle / contribute in a significant manner
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience with CI/CD using git, Webhooks, Jenkins/CircleCI or similar
- 2+ years experience of working with cloud-native infrastructure on major cloud players like AWS, Heroku, MS Azure, GCP, with hands-on experience of managing services like:
- Function As A Service, like AWS Lambda
- API Gateways
- Cloud Servers, Like EC2
- Container orchestration using AWS ECS/Kubernetes or similar, serverless/clusterless container offerings like AWS Fargate on ECS
- Network and Security: VPC, Security Groups, Route53, CloudFront
- IaC : AWS CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Infrastructure monitoring and log management with ELK, Datadog or similar
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language
- Have worked closely with the QA Automation engineering team for automatic segmented deployment.
- Know and understand how to configure high-availability, high-performing applications
- Server and service monitoring with Nagios or similar
- Knowledge of firewall, switch and network configuration & debugging (DHCP, DNS, IPv4, IP routing)
*Brownie Points on:*
- Experience of owning CI/CD pipelines and creating branching strategies including release tagging and versioning.
- Experience of deploying *js applications managed by npm/yarn/serverless
- Experience with multiple IaC tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
What we bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Benefits packages which include Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision
- Fast-paced, fun and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally