Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, and whose privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange to offer creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
ABPKit is a content blocker management framework for iOS, that enables browsers based on WKWebView to integrate ad-filtering capabilities, improving user experience by blocking ads that don’t meet the Acceptable Ads criteria, and supporting online content creators via monetization.
As a software engineer in the team, you will help to improve and maintain the SDK. You will also interact and support partners during its adoption, allowing millions of users on different platforms to take control over their browsing experience.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to…
- Improve the current codebase, including memory management, concurrency and parallelism, integration with web technologies, etc.
- Ensure the stability of our SDKs across all platforms and partners via automated tests, code reviews and collaboration with other team members
- Keep up with changes related to browser versions and the ad-blocking community and translate these into the required changes for your team
- Ensure that partner requests are answered and implemented in a timely manner, and that partners are satisfied
What you bring to the table…
- Software development experience with Swift (mid to senior level)
- Understanding of how package managers (Cocoapods, Carthage, SPM) on Apple platforms work
- Understanding of CI/CD workflows
- Experience writing automated tests that bring value to the project
- High desire to collaborate and improve team culture, in an environment that combines synchronous and asynchronous communication
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
It's awesome, but not required if you know about…
- Experience designing and maintaining SDKs and/or libraries
- Understanding of the ad tech landscape and content blocking
- Experience in other programming languages like Bash or Python
- Familiarity with the Safari Extensions model
- Familiarity with WKWebView
- Experience working in an agile team
- Experience working in open source projects
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for the following: home office and/or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + Volunteer day
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons