Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, and whose privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange to offer creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Monitor existing automation and CI/CD infrastructure
- Make sure continuous integration and deployment pipelines are operational
- Automate provisioning and similar processes
- Design, implement and roll out new infrastructure-as-code modules in order to automate manual routines and recurring tasks
- Automate software tests
- Integrate tools, services, providers, device testing farms
- Figure out sensible ways to help the team manage versions, tags, branches
- Set up build runners for multiple configurations, architectures and different test targets
- Automate delivery of build artifacts for testing as well as publishing
- Vendor with upstream open-source repositories
- Maintain automation test suites for various products and components
- Integrate on-target test harness (automated real-device testing)
- Support other technicians like developers and infrastructure engineers
- Continuously improve code, processes and service quality
What you bring to the table...
- Strong background in Linux use, preferably Debian
- Professional experience with at least one infrastructure-as-code tool stack
- Proficient in Unix shell and at least one other programming language such as Python
- Experience with software development for automation scripting
- Well-versed with Git, branching strategies and versioning
- Experience in operating continuous integration tools (like GitLab CI, Jenkins etc)
- Proficiency with instrumenting web-based APIs (of services like GitLab etc)
- Experience with virtualization and containers (like Docker etc)
- Comfortable with remote work supported by issue tracking systems and documenting work in writing in English
- Comfortable with major technical responsibility
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
It's awesome, but not required, if you know have...
- Good understanding of web-related protocols
- Experience with packaging and deployment of artifacts on multiple platforms (like deb, rpm, apk, aar etc)
- Experience with versioned artifact publishing (like APT, Maven etc)
- Full stack open-source software development experience
- Experience in mitigating major IT incidents in the past
- Previous experience working with or as a System Architect
- Previous experience working with or as a Software Architect
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons