Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose ad-filtering technology powers market-leading products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, and whose privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange to offer creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Represent eyeo to the developer community and, vice-versa, the community to the internal teams
- Listen to ad-filtering community pain points, expectations and needs and be able to synthesize multiple perspectives and communicate them in an effective way.
- Understand the consequences of certain upcoming technical standards ahead of time and how they could affect existing ways of doing ad filtering, and come up with technical alternatives which work better.
- Regularly highlight the use cases of content filtering in all major areas of technical standards discussions (W3C, TC39, IETF etc) and provide valuable input to make standards better.
- Work with internal technical writers, developers and product managers to develop technical content which is clear, helpful and precise.
- Via your contributions, ensure eyeo is seen as a responsible and valuable contributor to technical standards discussions globally.
What you bring to the table...
- At least 4 years experience working as a developer advocate, technical evangelist, or a similar role.
- Experience contributing to technical standards discussions in the past in channels like the W3C, TC39 etc.
- Willing to travel once restrictions are lifted.
- History of writing high-quality technical content.
- Track record of credibility and high visibility (written content, presentations) in the web and/or technical standards community.
It's awesome, but not required, if you have...
- Experience developing browser extensions in the past.
- Experience or knowledge of writing filters for use in filterlists like Easylist etc.
- Experience working with team members distributed across multiple time-zones.
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons