Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, and whose privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange to offer creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Extend/evolve data platforms to support stakeholders needs
- Integrate new data sources
- Automate anything and everything to support and speed up the work of the Data team
- Support other teams with their data related engineering tasks
- Review the code of other engineers and scientists
- Maintain data platforms used company-wide
What you bring to the table...
- Experience with cloud computing applied to data engineering (e.g. with GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Python
- Experience with ETL-like tools (e.g. Airflow, Luigi)
- Excellent English skills, especially written
- Solid experience in software engineering
- Within CET±3 hours or willing to relocate into CET±3 hours
It's awesome, but not required, if you have experience with...
- Google Cloud Platform
- Working remotely
- Performance and Optimization tuning
- Data visualization tools, especially open-source ones
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons