Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
The ABP UI Team is part of the Consumer Product Unit. As part of the transition to Units the ABP UI Team will in the future not only own the UI of ABP but also be responsible for release management of Adblock Plus.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Writing code for ABP UI for various platforms, handling aspects such as developing UI pages (first run page, options page, icon pop-up, issue reporter, etc.) and implementing user flows
- Working in different stages of a product life-cycle: research, specifications, developing, testing, translating, documentation, etc.
- Implementing dynamic, accessible UIs using web technologies
- Bouncing ideas within the team, making architectural changes
- Integration with ad blocking code and other backend systems
What you bring to the table...
- Experienced in layout/HTML/CSS
- Desire to understand the inner workings of the ad blocking world and improve existing solutions
- Knowledge about cross-browser compatibility (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge)
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, via text chat (Mattermost) and video conference (BlueJeans, Hangout)
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Knowledge of React.js and other libraries or frameworks may come in handy
- Extension development background is a plus
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons