Get to know us
We create open-source software that puts users in control of their online browsing experience. Our desktop and mobile products, such as Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser, and Flattr, help sustain and grow a fair, open web, giving users control while providing user-friendly monetization. Our most popular product, Adblock Plus (ABP), is currently used on over 100 million devices.
What you'll do
With your knowledge of automation, and creative mindset, you'll develop solutions to anticipated issues and drive those solutions forward. Support the blocking of disruptive ads while helping to counter ad-block circumvention. You'll communicate with stakeholders from different teams to improve technical processes and tools in our Filters department.
After your morning coffee, you’ll be expected to...
- Develop solutions for automated crawling of web content and monitoring of ads to asses ad-blocking quality.
- Work on automating pushes to the anti-circumvention filter list in response to common circumvention methods
- Support any innovation initiatives around monitoring with technical expertise.
- Create, maintain, and improve technical processes, including tooling and documentation.
- Improve team communication and sync with your colleagues to make sure everybody is on the same page.
A little bit about you...
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Strongly process- and quality-oriented
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Basic DevOps knowledge, e.g. Docker
- Proficient user of spoken and written English
It's great, but not required, if you have...
- A university degree (incl. Applied sciences) in Information Science or related
- Knowledge of additional scripting languages
- Experience with multi-lingual/multi-cultural teams
- Knowledge about machine learning
A little bit about the team you’ll work with
You’ll join the Filters department and work on the Circumvention and Filter List teams. We’re proud to unite people from diverse backgrounds in our cross-functional teams. We all have our niche expertise areas and projects we work on, and that means we can support each other if somebody gets stuck with an issue. Right now, we’re all about improving and automating processes. Join us if you want to become part of a great team that makes a difference in the web ecosystem.
A lot of our eyeo colleagues work remotely and so can you. We’re happy to pay for a coworking space, or if you prefer, we will help you relocate to our offices in Cologne or Berlin.
Not sure if this is for you? Consider contributing first.