Get to know us
We create open source software that puts users in control over their online browsing experience. Our desktop and mobile products, such as Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr, help sustain and grow a fair, open web, because they give users control while providing user-friendly monetization. Our most popular product, Adblock Plus (ABP), is currently used on over 100 million devices.
What you’ll do
Fight bugs through automation and help us ship high quality products! You’ll apply your QA expertise across all product-related teams. Being the central source of knowledge and experience around test automation, you will help set up automation frameworks and mentor QA Engineers to be able to contribute to it.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Define requirements, research appropriate tooling for and manage implementation of automated checks across all product-oriented teams together with QA Engineers
- Collaborate with the QA Engineers to define and implement test environments and test coverage
- Mentor and train QA Engineers on chosen automation frameworks, so they can continuously contribute to it in their teams
- Collaborate with developers to align unit tests and other forms of test automation within continuous integration frameworks
- Be on top of state of the art processes and tooling around QA automation and getting that knowledge into the teams
- Keep up-to-date with the company and developments around it
A little bit about you...
- Strong software development background
- Extensive experience with software testing and quality assurance, preferably in a continuously changing environment
- In depth experience with setting up and maintaining test automation frameworks, especially also with native apps on Desktop Windows OS and mobile
- Knowledge of source code management tools like Git or Mercurial
- In depth knowledge of web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Knowledge of some additional scripting languages
- Familiar with code review processes
- Independent but team-oriented work style
- Outgoing proactive involvement in your teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
It’s awesome, but not required, if you...:
- Are familiar with device testing services like Google/Firebase test lab, AWS Device Farm, Browserstack or TestObject
- Have experience developing or testing browser extensions