JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse - Full Time, 30+ Hours
REPORTS TO: Charge Nurse
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with established Federal, State and accreditation standards and ASC policies and procedures. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under his/ her direction. Participates in direct patient care and maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Critical Thinking – Ability to supervise and direct patient care in an individual operating room. Ensures that proper techniques and practices are used in accordance to accepted standards of practice. Supervises other personnel in the room and directs or assists as necessary. Immediately reports and unusual occurrences to charge personnel, documents appropriately in the patient record. Demonstrates primary nursing accountability through coordination, communication and continuity of patient care. Must be able to assess, prioritize, plan and implement patient care in an effective manner.
- Interpersonal - Demonstrates a positive, friendly, courteous and professional manner. Maintains effective communication with patients, families, physicians, and other staff. Able to work within a team. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Recognizes each department’s significance and works appropriately with other departments. Good communication skills: oral and written. Complies with HIPAA regulations and is knowledgeable of patient rights.
- Job Knowledge/ Responsibilities – Performs their duties in an ethical and legal manner within the scope of their license as defined by the State of Missouri. Maintains medical records in an accurate and legible manner. Has the ability to adhere to work schedule, be organized, manage time effectively and in a cost effective manner. Ability to respond to emergent situations. Participates in continuing education/in-service training as needed, staff meetings, and Q.A.P.I. program. Ability to work independently and within a group. Follows physician orders and directions from management. Actively participates in the development of a healthy work environment. Assists in training new staff when needed.
Circulator Role: Performs scrub duties as necessary. Maintains count on sponges, needles and instruments to ensure no loss of items according to policy. Performs all circulating duties with efficiency. Supervises and assists scrub nurse as needed. Positions patient, prepares operative area, and adjusts table to proper position according to standard policies. Has all supplies and equipment in room and provides to team as needed. Opens all sterile packs and supplies according to aseptic technique. Assists surgeons, anesthesiologists, and other personnel as needed. Observes patient for changes in condition. Reviews surgeon’s preference cards for desired medications and verifies same with surgeon. Ensures all medications are administered and charted according to established policies and procedures. Identifies and records patient’s response to medication when necessary. Cares for specimens and cultures as directed by set policies and procedures. Accompanies patient to PACU and gives report to post-op nurse. Assists in control and maintenance of supplies and equipment. Records use of equipment and method directed. Checks rooms, material and equipment for proper care and handling. Ensures clean, safe environment through continued alertness to safety and aseptic techniques. Assists in control of traffic and personnel to ensure proper control of infection and asepsis
- Attendance – Arrives to work area on time and has minimal absences. Observes assigned work schedules and hours.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing preferred
- Current Missouri RN License, Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required
- Adult Cardiac Life Support(ACLS) preferred
- Must have at a minimum previous nursing experience in at least one of the following settings: surgical, ambulatory surgical center (ASC), PACU, ICU, Medical Surgical or Telemetry floors
- Must be able to provide proof of their identity and their right to work in the United States
LANGUAGE SKILLS/COMPUTER SKILLS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Amkai Office, Amkai Charts Database software and Microsoft Word
- Printer, copier, telephone, and fax
- Knowledge of patient monitoring and emergency equipment
The employee must be able to:
- Walk, stand and sit for prolonged periods of time
- Occasionally be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally be able to push up to an excess of 200 pounds
- Occasionally be able to pull/ lift patients with the assistance of other personnel and or assistive devices, up to an excess of 400-500 pounds
- Occasionally be able to bend, stoop, kneel and climb
ACCIDENT OR HEALTH HAZARDS
- Regular exposure to blood and body substances
- Exposure to needle sticks possible
- Works in well-lit and ventilated surroundings including operating rooms, nurse's stations, procedure rooms, lounge, etc.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.