Director, Project Management & Integrations - Optometry
The mission of the Optometry Project Management Office is to strategically integrate newly acquired Optometry practices into all key functional departments of EyeCare Partners, develop and monitor the use of PMO tools and resources for communication and implementation of new processes, relocations and offices mergers, and determine efficiency improvements for collaboration on enterprise project delivery.
The Director of Project Management and Integrations serves a critical role for the organization. This role will be responsible for leading teams to deliver inter-dependent projects that span cross-functional business teams, managing program resources and schedules while ensuring adherence to the PMO’s standards and guidelines for program and project management delivery. The Director is also responsible for the Growth and Integration team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This role will work independently and be accountable for ensuring program objectives are met through oversite of project implementation activities on a day to day basis. This includes ensuring that assigned projects produce the required deliverables of quality within the specified constraints of time, cost and/or resources while still achieving the stated business outcomes.
- Reporting to the SVP Optometry Operations and Integrations, the incumbent will possess a comprehensive understanding of cross-enterprise system implementations including the ability to plan and lead initiating and planning activities including requirements and specification elicitation leveraging the best fit methodology for the projects within a program.
- Lead a team of project managers, project specialists and GIG Manager.
- Manage a program of complex, interdependent initiatives that span one or more cross-functional teams that includes both internal and external resources; accountable for full program and project life cycle ownership; successful delivery will include full system implementation from initiation to deployment.
- Participates in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools related to program and project delivery standards.
- Manages all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Demonstrates a functional acumen to support how solutions will address stakeholder needs while aligning to best practices; demonstrates expertise in scope planning and management.
- Develop and deliver scope overviews, status reports, project proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences including project teams, sponsors, senior leadership and key stakeholders.
- Identifies and informs continuous improvement opportunities within the PMO, GIG team, and cross-organizationally to drive best practices and increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
Approximately 15-30 days per year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, business communication, project management, or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience within a supportive or consulting PMO environment.
- Experience in a rapidly changing environment and ability to adapt to change while still maintaining a structured approach to program and project implementation.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present complex ideas and concepts
- Excellent documentation and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Visio and MS Project
- Experience creating business process, business requirements and specification level detail documentation
- Experience using Google Business Suite based collaboration tools
- Experience in a healthcare environment with patient care and compliance knowledge
- Experience in optometry operations, M&A and/or acquisition integration projects using a detailed playbook or Integration Project Plan.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Project Management
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- No direct supervisory skills, though management of projects includes directing project related activities of the project team members.
- Ability to positively influence others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.