JOB TITLE: RN/ LPN
REPORTS TO: Pre/Post-Op Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under the direction of the Medical Records Manager, the Pre-Operative calling nurse assesses patients during a pre-operative phone call prior to the procedure. The pre-operative phone call assessment is to be comprehensive and adhere to HIPAA regulations. It is to include: verification of the procedure and surgeon, medical/ surgical history, allergies, and current home medications. The pre-operative nurse caller is responsible for the thorough preparation of the patient/family by giving instructions and answering questions .The nurse will also identify issues to be addressed prior to the day of surgery and consult with the anesthesiologist when necessary. Complies with established Federal, State and accreditation standards and SLESLC policies and procedures.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Critical Thinking - Ability to make sound nursing judgment based on nursing theory. Demonstrates primary nursing accountability through coordination, communication and continuity of patient care. Must be able to assess, prioritize, plan and implement direct patient care in an effective manner. Possesses the ability to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Interpersonal –Enjoys patient interaction and possesses exemplary customer service skills. Demonstrates a positive, friendly and courteous manner to all. Works as a team member and refrains from negative comments and behavior. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Recognizes each department’s significance and works appropriately with other departments. Good communication skills: oral and written.
- Job Knowledge/ Responsibilities - Ability to gather pertinent information and answer patient questions. Assists patients, physicians, supervisors, and colleagues as necessary. Performs their duties in an ethical and legal manner within the scope of their license as defined by the State of Missouri. Complies with reporting adverse incidents. Maintains medical records in an accurate and legible manner. Has the ability to adhere to work schedule, be organized, manage time effectively and in a cost effective manner. Participates in continuing education/in-service training as needed, staff meetings, and the QAPI/Infection Control programs. Ability to work independently and within a group. Actively participates in the development of a healthy work environment. Assists in training new staff when needed. Refrains from the use of cell phone during working hours. Refrains from “surfing” the Internet during working hours. Informs supervisor of any delays in completing assigned tasks and ask for solution assistance.
- License-Maintains and renews professional license in a timely manner.
- Attendance – Arrives to work area on time and has minimal absences. Work hours as assigned by management and seek guidance when tasks cannot be completed in a timely manner. If over-time is necessary, it must be approved by management.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required
- Current Missouri RN/ LPN License
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required
- Must be able to provide proof of their identity and their right to work in the United States
LANGUAGE SKILLS/COMPUTER SKILLS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Amkai Charts Database software and Microsoft Word
- Printer, copier, telephone, and fax
- Telephone -Have knowledge of the system (e. intercom function, transfer ability). Be able to retrieve messages off the phone line.
The employee must be able to:
- Walk, stand and sit for prolonged periods of time
- Occasionally be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally be able to push up to an excess of 200 pounds
- Occasionally be able to bend, stoop, kneel and climb
ACCIDENT OR HEALTH HAZARDS
- Exposure to needle sticks possible
- BloodBorne pathogens risk classification category #2
- Works in well-lit and ventilated surroundings including pre-operative/ PACU areas, nurse's stations, procedure rooms, lounge, etc.
- May occasionally be exposed to outside environment
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.