Senior Director, IT Security & Compliance
This role is responsible for establishing and delivering the enterprise vision, strategy, architecture and a multi-year roadmap that ensures that the company’s information assets are adequately protected.
A key element of this role is communicating security at a strategic and program delivery level to executive management, the Audit and Compliance Board, and the Board of Directors and evangelizing security across the business to drive adoption of IT security and compliance best practices.
S/he will manage a small team of dedicated resources and a larger team of matrixed resources and external consultants.
The role will report to the General Counsel, with a dotted line to the Chief Information Officer.
Develop and implement a strategic, long-term information security and compliance strategy, roadmap and organization structure to ensure that ECP’s information assets are adequately protected.
- Identify, evaluate and report on information security risks, practices and projects to the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors, and provide subject matter expertise on security standards and best practices (i.e., HIPAA, PCI and Data Protection)
- Lead the development and testing of robust disaster recovery and business continuity plans which balance business criticality and cost
- Develop the Board’s understanding of security beyond a ‘compliance-only’ view.
- Lead the development of up-to-date information security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines, and oversee their approval, dissemination, and maintenance.
- Ensure that the security management program is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and contractual requirements.
- Act as the champion for the enterprise information security program and foster a security-aware culture.
- Oversee the evaluation, selection and implementation of information security solutions that are innovative, cost-effective, and minimally disruptive.
- Partner with the IT team to ensure that technologies are developed and maintained according to security policies and guidelines.
- Manage regular intrusion detection and vulnerability reporting, internal and external IT audit groups reviews, and the coordination of all required fixes.
- Develop business metrics to measure the effectiveness of the security management program, and increase the maturity of the program over time.
- Monitor the industry and external environment for emerging threats and advise relevant stakeholders on appropriate courses of action.
- Oversee incident response planning and the investigation of security breaches, and assist with any associated disciplinary, public relations and legal matters.
- Oversee and lead the creation, communication and implementation of a process for managing vendor risk and other third party risk.
- Lead due diligence and post integration activities related to information security for all M&A activity.
- Work with senior leaders across the business to assess and communicate a balanced view of acceptable levels of risk relative to ROI
- Develop, mentor, and manage a high performing staff of information security and compliance professionals.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field; (graduate degree preferred).
- Minimum 10 years of IT and/or compliance leadership experience, and 5+ years of information security/cybersecurity experience.
- Significant experience working in information security in a multi-unit/multi-state services organization; healthcare industry preferred, but not required
- A proven track record in developing information security policies and procedures, and successful execution.
- Extensive knowledge of business risk, risk assessment and risk-based decision making.
- Able to communicate security and risk-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences (in business terms), including board level.
- A natural influencer and coalition builder; passionate about building high performing teams.
- Ability to evangelize IT security to make it a critical part of business operations; build trust and respect for the security function.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Experienced with contract and vendor negotiations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations.
- Knowledge of security, risk and control frameworks and standards such as ITIL and NIST 800.53.
- Security technology acumen and experience including but not limited to: firewall, intrusion detection, cyber-attack tools and defenses, encryption, certificate authority, web filtering, anti-malware, anti-phishing, identity and access management, multi factor authentication.
- Professional certifications such as a CISSP, CISM, CISA
Why this Opportunity is Compelling
- An opportunity to be both ‘hands-on’ and strategic in expanding the information security and compliance capability at a fast-growing leader in the optical care field.
- Lead in a high-profile role that interacts regularly with the board.
- Join a culture celebrating excellence, patient-focus, teamwork, integrity and communication.
- Build and lead a high performing team of information security and compliance professionals.
- Make a significant difference through exceptional information security for ECP’s patients, physicians and teammates.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.