The Executive Director will possess a high level of understanding of how to lead patient care teams in a healthcare delivery environment. He/She is responsible for the operations of Grene Vision Group, a 21-location multi-specialty Ophthalmology and Optometry practice located in the greater Wichita, Kansas area. The leader will oversee the professional development of all area administrators and managers, develop and implement growth strategies for retail optical, daily clinic operations best practices, and will partner with other division leaders to execute EyeCare Partner’s strategic vision. This is a key leadership member and will work in a fast-paced, but flexible engaging environment. Reports to Regional Vice President, Ophthalmology Operations.
- Manage and oversee Practice Administrators, Managers and staff at the clinics, centers and offices
- Remains educated and in-tune with trends in healthcare, reimbursement, ophthalmology, etc. on a national and local level.
- Develops and implements practice growth strategies
- Analyzes practice financial data and makes recommendations regarding steps which can be implemented to improve profitability
- Identifies opportunities to continue to propel business towards “world class,” design solutions for such opportunities, implement, and monitor progress
- Carries out corporate EyeCare Partners initiatives
- Identifies EyeCare Partners goals and translates them into functional and actionable goals for team
- Thinks strategically; identifies where market should be in 12 – 24 months, and implements plans to assist in achieving strategic destination
- Achieves cooperation and teamwork through effective communications and positive relations with physicians, leadership, and staff
- Demonstrates knowledge of mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards and the code of ethical behavior
- Manage integration of newly acquired practices
- Partner with the Company’s other practices in Kansas to educate all providers on the region’s professional services
- Partner with Surgical and Medical Directors to identify doctor needs, areas for specialty expansion and physician recruitment
- Develop relationships and facilitate communication with Grene Vision Group’s ophthalmologists and optometrists to uncover needs
- Works to continuously assess all staffing needs in support of Practice Administrators and driving for continued upskilling of talent through hiring, Identify changes to physician schedules and adjust coverage as needed
Relevant Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership: Develops and Maintains a successful platform of leadership – strategy/structure/process/people
- Team Building: Recruit, Develop, train and motivate a best-in-class care team
- Results-oriented: Guides, coaches, and drive the team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Collaboration: Works effectively with functional team members, physicians, other practices, etc., and ensures adequate communication and change management through the process
- Vision: Intimately knows the business, industry, care model and can shape future delivery for our patients and success of the overall organization
- Critical Thinking/Analytical: Excellent problem solver and ability to see all sides to come to the best decision
- Change Management: Ability to drive change through an organized process, bringing people along to ensure results are achieved
Minimum Demonstrated Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Management, required Master’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- 10+ years of practice management experience required.
- Experience in an ophthalmology practice preferred.
- Experience in a multi-site or regional organization
- Experience working in a growth-oriented, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated excellent management skills, program implementation, and quality improvement
- Proven success in growing a healthcare operation with $40M+ in annual revenue
- Proven success in Mergers & Acquisition within healthcare
- Must be proficient in Excel and Power Point