We are ExtraHop. We're on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Cyber attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
ExtraHop’s Sales team is growing!Our platform for Network Security Analytics is a unique and powerful component of Security Operations. We offer strong comp plans, fair quotas, and the opportunity to work with other smart, hardworking people who are excited about creating the next great systems company in the Security market. If you are at the top of your game, have experience building territories, are a challenger, and can sell innovative next-gen solutions, then we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
Our Sales Engineer requires someone who is able to learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of ExtraHop’s products and technologies, competitive products, and industry trends. You are primarily responsible for increasing revenue in assigned regions/territories/districts through identifying, recruiting, and developing opportunities for generating direct sales or partnerships with resellers.
- Assess prospective customer needs and uncover requirements for ExtraHop solutions
- Remove technology-related buying objections from the sales opportunity
- Demonstrate products to technical and non-technical audiences, at executive and/or technical levels, and at pre- and post-sales meetings
- Independently coordinate all aspects of technical product evaluations, from installing the appliance to helping prospective customers interpret data in the context of their environment
- Articulate the technical value proposition and key differentiating capabilities to prospective new customers and solutions partners
- Lead architecture design discussions and recommend an appropriate combination of technologies for production deployment
- Prepare and present technical proposals and RFIs
- Collaborate with sales representatives to ensure all aspects of the sales are aligned
- Identify market and product requirements based on field experience and customer input
- Partner with our Sales and Product Development teams to develop enterprise solutions
- Ensure total customer satisfaction with the customer's implementation experience
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Four-year degree or equivalent in a related discipline (e.g., information technology, computer science, business, or engineering)
- 5 years of experience in technology sales with a consistent track record of exceeding sales targets
- 2 years of cybersecurity or complex SaaS solutions sales experience
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical audiences
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and have an ongoing desire to stay current with the latest technologies
- Ability to adapt to changing goals based on customer demands and market conditions while working with development and sales teams
- Strong problem solving skills: must be capable of accurately assessing needs, maintaining a calm business demeanor, and taking quick action to resolve issues
- Understanding of enterprise security and IT requirements
- Solid understanding of enterprise-networking technologies: switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, Web Application Firewalls, IPS/IDS and so forth
- Broad understanding of procedures and tools used for Incident Response of security events; high-level knowledge of Security Operations tools and playbooks
- Protocol-level understanding of how various software components involved in enterprise service delivery interact: web servers, application servers, databases, authentication services, network attached storage, and so forth
- Hands-on experience with passive network monitoring: mirror port configuration (especially Cisco SPAN, RSPAN, and VACL configuration), network TAP installation, span aggregators is a plus
- Familiarity with IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, containers and serverless architectures
- Ability to travel
$122,000-$136,000+ Commission is 25%-35% On-Target-Earnings + benefits+ options
Cyberattackers have the advantage. ExtraHop is on a mission to help you take it back with security that can’t be undermined, outsmarted, or compromised. Our dynamic cyber defense platform, Reveal(x) 360, helps organizations detect and respond to advanced threats––before they compromise business operations. We apply cloud-scale AI to petabytes of traffic per day, performing line-rate decryption and behavioral analysis across all infrastructure, workloads, and data-in-flight. With complete visibility from ExtraHop, enterprises can detect malicious behavior, hunt advanced threats, and forensically investigate any incident with confidence.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbes named ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with ExtraHop and the country where you work.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Honor System PTO and 9 Holidays (US only) + 3 Days of Paid Volunteer Time
- Non-Commissioned positions are eligible to participate in annual discretionary bonus plan
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP where applicable
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k with employer match or Pension where applicable
- Pet Insurance (US only)
- Parental Leave (US Only)
- Hybrid and Remote Work Model
*Candidates should note that the Company may modify reporting relationships, job titles and compensation, including commissions and benefits, from time to time at its sole discretion, as it deems necessary, with or without prior notice.
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability , HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cyber criminals, and insider threats.
Ready to join us? #Extrahop #Security #NDR #informationsecurity #cybersecurity #cloudsecurity #infosec #LI-Remote