We are ExtraHop. We're on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Cyber attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
As a company, we’ve embraced machine learning and made it at the core of our product offering. The resulting ExtraHop platform is a novel approach to processing vast amounts of network data in order to detect cyber threats. Adversaries can try to evade or encrypt their attacks but there is no hiding from our Reveal(x) platform that dissects protocols and packets as they traverse the wire to identify attacks using advanced detection logic and algorithms.
Do you like complex problems? Want to be a part of a collaborative team that works on solving one of the most difficult problems, securing some of the biggest networks in the world? ExtraHop is seeking a Sr. Principal Security Engineer experienced with network security and applying machine learning techniques to detecting network threats. We are looking for a self-starter that is interested in working across the organization and across various technologies from machine learning to more traditional detection technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with security engineers from multiple teams to diagnose problems, ideate solutions, and to design product features focusing mainly on threat detection
- Continue to deepen your own security expertise on attack scenarios in order to contribute to algorithms and models responsible for detecting them
- Become an expert in ExtraHop’s platform and help troubleshoot issues reported by customers regarding detections
- Contribute to discussions about product direction and strategy
- Carryout independent experiments and prototyping to determine feasibility of solutions to complex engineering problems
- Mentor and teach less experienced engineers
Typical Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, mathematics/statistics, cybersecurity, or other relevant fields
- Five or more years of professional experience in cybersecurity, engineering, data science and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in relevant fields
- Good understanding of malware analysis, threat intelligence, adversary behaviors, detection engineering, and/or other relevant area of cybersecurity
- Good understanding of network protocols
- Good understanding of network vulnerabilities and attacks
- Proficient at programming in Python or other high-level languages
- Knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms
- Experience in building end-to-end machine learning systems and/or malware detection engines
- Experience in applying machine learning or statistical modeling to solve real-world problems
- Experience with common Windows protocols and/or other network protocols including IP, TCP, UDP, DNS, and HTTP
- Experience with various signature languages, such as YARA, JA3, Snort, ClamAV, etc.
- An understanding of various product-development life cycles
- An understanding of the theory behind machine learning models such as generalized linear models, classification, clustering, ensemble learning, time series analysis, graphical analysis, neural networks, etc.
All R&D Employees will be required to attend 2 mandatory in-person events every year of approx. 4 days duration.
$194,000- $263,600 + benefits+ options
Cyberattackers have the advantage. ExtraHop is on a mission to help you take it back with security that can’t be undermined, outsmarted, or compromised. Our dynamic cyber defense platform, Reveal(x) 360, helps organizations detect and respond to advanced threats––before they compromise business operations. We apply cloud-scale AI to petabytes of traffic per day, performing line-rate decryption and behavioral analysis across all infrastructure, workloads, and data-in-flight. With complete visibility from ExtraHop, enterprises can detect malicious behavior, hunt advanced threats, and forensically investigate any incident with confidence.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbes named ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with ExtraHop and the country where you work.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Honor System PTO and 9 Holidays (US only) + 3 Days of Paid Volunteer Time
- Non-Commissioned positions are eligible to participate in annual discretionary bonus plan
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP where applicable
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k with employer match or Pension where applicable
- Pet Insurance (US only)
- Parental Leave (US Only)
- Hybrid and Remote Work Model
*Candidates should note that the Company may modify reporting relationships, job titles and compensation, including commissions and benefits, from time to time at its sole discretion, as it deems necessary, with or without prior notice.
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability , HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cyber criminals, and insider threats.
Ready to join us? #Extrahop #Security #NDR #informationsecurity #cybersecurity #cloudsecurity #infosec #LI-Remote