We are ExtraHop. We're on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Cyber attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
ExtraHop is looking for a Security Operations Manager to lead a team of Security Analysts to detect, analyze, and mitigate threats.
You will be responsible for responding to security incidents, building playbooks and workflows, and working with management to improve overall corporate security posture. Additionally, the role will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and strengthening ExtraHop’s information security programs through strategic planning, governance, risk assessments, and incident reporting per our corporate information security policy.
The Security Operations Manager will work with key stakeholders to coordinate enterprise-wide security and to support requirements relating to confidential information, data security, cybersecurity, physical security, vendor risk, records management, incident readiness, and incident recovery per our corporate information security policy and standards.
You will interface tightly with other talented ExtraHop teams, including Legal, IT, and R&D to protect our resources, spread security throughout the organization, and provide real-world feedback to improve our security products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, understand, and mitigate threats
- Lead the Security Operation Center (SOC), including investigation, response, developing playbooks and workflows, and reporting on information security issues and emerging trends
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services to internal teams
- Develop, manage, and set the company-wide strategy for Information Security, including establishing goals and priorities, leading initiatives, and promoting awareness company-wide
- Design secure architectures and tool integrations to build security into workflows for all teams
- Describe your workflows to our product team to improve our own security product
- Understand the Information Security policies and procedures and communicate these regularly to stakeholders
- Coordinate internal/external audits and risk assessments
- Advise senior management of changes in the technical, legal, and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Five or more years of experience in a technology, IT security and/or compliance role
- Experience in determining, developing, and/or implementing information security controls and policies
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions
- Proven project management and organizational skills, specifically managing multiple concurrent projects and/or clients
- At least 3 years of management experience
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, GCIA, GCIH, or other related professional certifications
- Experience or familiarity with information security frameworks and standards such as ISO27001, NIST CSF, SOC2, HIPAA, FedRAMP and COBIT
- Enough nmap use that you don't even know the flags any more, it's all muscle memory
Cyberattackers have the advantage. ExtraHop is on a mission to help you take it back with security that can’t be undermined, outsmarted, or compromised. Our dynamic cyber defense platform, Reveal(x) 360, helps organizations detect and respond to advanced threats––before they compromise business operations. We apply cloud-scale AI to petabytes of traffic per day, performing line-rate decryption and behavioral analysis across all infrastructure, workloads, and data-in-flight. With complete visibility from ExtraHop, enterprises can detect malicious behavior, hunt advanced threats, and forensically investigate any incident with confidence.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbes named ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
We offer compelling benefits* to our employees, including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP where applicable
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k with employer match or Pension where applicable
- Pet Insurance (US only)
- Generous Parental Leave
*Benefits outside of the US vary by region.
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability , HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cyber criminals, and insider threats. Ready to join us?