Extra is a consumer finance company on a mission to reinvent everyday banking tools for the next generation. Extra's first product, Extra Debit, is the first debit card that lets you build credit history and earn rewards back everywhere you swipe.
Today, there are over 100 million Americans who dont want, or cant get a credit card. Yet there are very few alternatives for establishing your credit other than with a risky Credit Card. Our mission is to make credit building safer, smarter and more accessible for everyone.
(We couldn't believe this didn't already exist either)
Extra is run by a small, lean, and customer-obsessed team. Our crew has been responsible for internet sensations like Down to Shop, Try Not to Smile, and Coasterville — We are funded by some of the best consumer venture firms including Greycroft, Lerer Hippeau, Firstmark Capital, and more. As of recent, our cofounders Max and Cyrus made the Forbes 30 Under 30 List in 2020.
What we're looking for:
We’re looking for a product leader with an expansive range of experience working across multiple industries, company sizes, and product disciplines. The Director of Product will be responsible for leading a diverse group of product managers who specialize in their fields to create high-impact product experiences that have never been seen either inside or outside the fintech space.
At Extra, our mission is to invent new ways for everyone to win at finance. That means our Director of Product has to be comfortable making bold moves to combine finance, consumer engagement, gamification, content, and other state of the art technologies to bring our mission to life.
The ideal candidate has a strong strategic vision, zero to one build experience, and leadership presence bridging business and technology. They’d have to know when to hillclimb and when to swing big–and how to get the whole company aligned with their decisions.
What you will do:
- Establish, and improve processes and frameworks that make the team's work more productive, efficient, and allow creativity and entrepreneurship to shine — in the form of industry standards, or methodologies proven by past experience
- Mentor and coach both new and experienced PMs and leads, and support individuals' career developments
- Work closely with our engineering team to prepare, and manage product resources that drive product development, and unlock business goals
- Drive crucial decisions in the company roadmap and areas of focus
- 10+ years proven ability in leading product management with a passion for people leadership rooted in helping your team do their best work, hiring, and performance coaching;
- Required: at least one solid stint in financial services, fintech, or other highly regulated industries
- Better: other positions in different industries and a variety of experience across different product management disciplines
- Expertise in making product decisions using data analytics and understanding product usage patterns
- The ability to train, mentor, and generally level-up other product managers
- The ability to analyze and improve organizational structures to make product managers as impactful as possible in the company
- A love for great UX and a keen eye for detail
- History of getting things done that require cross-functional collaboration and alignment
- Frameworks to balance technical debt reduction with introducing innovations
- Bonus for background in building scalable Fin-tech products with strategic vision
- Extensive background in building scalable products with a focus on zero-to-one
We are in a hyper-growth stage, with hundreds of thousands of customers projected by the end of the year. If you're excited to join a tight-knit collaborative team with a mission of helping millions of Americans establish and better their financial journey, we'd love to hear from you!