Today, over 100 million Americans don’t want or can’t get a credit card. Yet, there are very few alternatives for establishing your credit other than with a risky Credit Card. Our mission is to make credit building safer, smarter, and more accessible for everyone. Extra is the first debit card that builds your credit history and earns rewards points just like a credit card. Our technology uses your cash history to determine your spending limit, so there’s no need for a credit check.
(We couldn’t believe this didn’t already exist either)
Extra is run by a small, lean, and customer-obsessed team. Our crew has been responsible for internet sensations like Down to Shop, Try Not to Smile, and Coasterville- We are funded by some of the best consumer venture firms including Greycroft, Lerer Hippeau, Firstmark Capital, and more. As of recent, our cofounders Max and Cyrus made the Forbes 30 Under 30 List in 2020.
What we're looking for
Extra is building a truly innovative rewards experience that will combine the best elements of credit rewards, game design, sweepstakes, and virtual community. We’re looking for a Reward Economist to guide the process and ensure we have strong unit economics while delivering truly mind-blowing rewards experiences.
The ideal candidate is able to distill designs and ideas into their abstract “bones” and use those bones to understand how the system will most likely perform. As part fortune-teller, part risk-manager, and part game-designer, this person will be responsible for making sure we only ever take intelligent bets—and never do anything that was guaranteed to fail from the outset.
- Own the rewards points economy to ensure unit economics meet targets while enabling innovative rewards experiences
- Develop a high-throughput economy based on compelling sinks, engaging fountains, and active management of player wallets
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Rewards Designers, and BI/Analytics to guide strategy, design, and analytics decisions
- Model and tune the economy, including scenario analysis to identify the impact of various trade-offs
- Create flexible systems and data structure to allow for rapid iteration
- Keep up to date with Market trends and do proactive analysis of economy tuning in relevant competitive products
Minimum Basic Requirements
- 5+ years in game design, virtual economy management, or a related field
- Advanced analytics and modeling skills—at the least, a mastery of modeling in Excel.
- A deep understanding of modern virtual currency systems as implemented in best-in-class products
- The ability to translate specifications, designs, and informal discussions into mathematical systems that can be modeled for their unit impact
- A positive, curious attitude that asks “what would need to be true to make this work?” rather than shutting down ideas
- The ability to translate esoteric economic models into understandable insights that can be used by the rest of the team
- Knowledge of Micro and Macro Economics, Behavioral Economics, Pricing Theory, Probability, and Statistics
- Experience using data and analytics to iterate in a gaming and/or live service oriented product
- Expertise with various crypto technologies, such as blockchain or NFTs
- Bonus: Love the idea of helping people unlock the ability to build their credit history and earn rewards like never before
Competitive pay, full-time position