Extra is a consumer finance company on a mission to reinvent everyday banking tools for the next generation. Extra's first product, Extra Debit, is the first debit card that lets you build credit history and earn rewards back everywhere you swipe.
Today, there are over 100 million Americans who dont want, or cant get a credit card. Yet there are very few alternatives for establishing your credit other than with a risky Credit Card. Our mission is to make credit building safer, smarter and more accessible for everyone.
(We couldn't believe this didn't already exist either)
Extra is run by a small, lean, and customer-obsessed team. Our crew has been responsible for internet sensations like Down to Shop, Try Not to Smile, and Coasterville — We are funded by some of the best consumer venture firms including Greycroft, Lerer Hippeau, Firstmark Capital, and more. As of recent, our cofounders Max and Cyrus made the Forbes 30 Under 30 List in 2020.
What we're looking for:
Extra is looking for a Technical Program Manager (or Technical Project Manager) to help build out project management disciplines for a rapidly growing Engineering department. You will be responsible for the execution of one large scale project or multiple projects/programs across software development, technical support, testing and infrastructure. Working with an inventive team of Technical Project Managers while not only maintaining the Extra way of building groundbreaking services but enhancing the culture and vision of the team.
What you'll do:
- Oversee large scale projects that are highly technical & cross functional in nature
- Monitor program/project status and rapidly identify issues/risks. Clearly and concisely communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Relentlessly clear impediments for engineering teams
- Help manage vendor and partner relationships, communications and meetings where Engineering teams are involved
- Streamline and enhance Extra’s existing agile SDLC to maintain the engagement, ownership and passion of our startup culture as the company grows and evolves
- Work hand in hand with our Directors and Engineering Managers to ensure projects are well scooped, on track and delivered to best meet the needs of our users
Minimum Basic Requirements
- 3+ Years of Technical Program Management experience in a transitioning or rapidly growing technology startup
- 2+ years of Software/Infrastructure experience and/or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- Have experience contributing to building a Project Management program from the ground up
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
- Comfortable getting into the weeds with engineers, speaking their language, understanding the problem and communicating in a manner the whole organization can understand
- A master at bringing Product and Engineering stakeholders together to execute a united vision
- Extensive experience using and configuring Linear, Jira and other task tracking tools
- Certification in Program or Project Management
- Fin tech experience with a solid understanding of payments, finance, regulatory and compliance initiatives
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Experience working in a global, remote first working culture
Not your role, but passionate about what we're doing? We'd still love to hear from you. Extra is always looking to hire exceptionally talented people who want to help change the future of wealth creation.