Today, over 100 million Americans don’t want or can’t get a credit card. Yet, there are very few alternatives for establishing your credit other than with a risky Credit Card. Our mission is to make credit building safer, smarter, and more accessible for everyone. Extra is the first debit card that builds your credit history and earns rewards points just like a credit card. Our technology uses your cash history to determine your spending limit, so there’s no need for a credit check.
(We couldn’t believe this didn’t already exist either)
Extra is run by a small, lean, and customer-obsessed team. Our crew has been responsible for internet sensations like Down to Shop, Try Not to Smile, and Coasterville — We are funded by some of the best consumer venture firms including Greycroft, Lerer Hippeau, Firstmark Capital, and more. As of recent, our cofounders Max and Cyrus made the Forbes 30 Under 30 List in 2020.
What we’re looking for:
Extra is seeking a passionate and process driven DevOps engineer to join our team and lay the foundations for effective DevOps disciplines as our platform matures. The DevOps engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure as code, configuration management, performance monitoring, expanding and refining Extra’s core infrastructure to match our tremendous growth.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a talented team of engineers to understand existing infrastructure then design and define our next evolution in a cloud based environment
- Troubleshoot failures in systems, performance and networking
- Analyze metrics for future growth and design underlying infrastructure that can scale to meet those goals
- Own configuration management, backup and recovery processes
- Partner with a team of backend, full stack and data engineers to create an architecture that matches the ambitions of the company
Minimum Basic Requirements
- Proven track record of building cloud based infrastructure to service a high growth consumer product
- Experience defining processes to drive and govern the DevOps discipline
- 5+ years of experience in an Operations role, such as DevOps, SRE or Cloud Engineering, as part of a Software Engineering department
- Knowledge and experience working with the most popular cloud based infrastructure solutions Azure/AWS/GCP understanding the pros and cons inherent in each
- Terraform, Ansible, Chief, Puppet, Salt are part of your preferred toolkit
- A firm belief and passion for Infrastructure as Code
- Experience managing a Continuous Integration pipeline with Automated Testing/TDD principles
- AWS Associate Certification or higher
- Experience building infrastructure teams and mentoring junior engineers
- Experienced in developing and maintaining Monitoring/Alert systems for infrastructure
Not your role, but passionate about what we're doing? We'd still love to hear from you. Extra is always looking to hire exceptionally talented people who want to help change the future of wealth creation.