Extra is a stealth consumer finance company on a mission to reinvent everyday banking tools for the next generation. Extra's first product, Extra Debit, is the first debit card that lets you build credit history and earn up to 1% back everywhere you swipe. The goal is to help eliminate the $1T in national credit-card debt from fees, and interest charges. Extra Debit lets you get the best parts of a credit card, while rewarding you for using the money you actually have.
(We couldn't believe this didn't already exist either)
Extra is run by a small, lean, and customer obsessed team. Our crew has been responsible for internet sensations like Down To Shop, Try Not To Smile, and Coasterville — We are funded by some of the best consumer venture firms like Greycroft, Lerer Hippeau, Firstmark Capital and more. As of recent, our cofounders Max and Cyrus made the Forbes 30 Under 30 List in 2020.
What we're looking for:
As a full stack engineer, you'll be involved in the development of our technical stack, including our website, mobile app, and backend. We're looking for someone with strong CS fundamentals, problem identifying and solving skills
What you'll do:
- You'll work with our engineering team to build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance. Your work will directly improve our customers day to day experience.
- You'll work with our member concierge with technical requests and issues.
- You'll participate in our weekly sprint cycles alongside our engineering team with very clear tasks and deliverables as we iterate.
- You'll help improve performance and reliability, or polish existing features.
- You'll build internal tools to support simplicity and productivity for the whole team. This might include an internal dashboard to track daily transaction performance.
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions (Like presenting your work!)
Minimum Basic Requirements
- 2+ Years of Software Engineering Experience
- Have worked on multiple projects, across different areas of codebases
- Fluent with the latest iterations of frontend and backend technologies, namely React, Vue, Node, MySQL
- Plus: knowledge of TypeScript, Redis, Websockets, Digital Ocean, CI/CD pipelines
- Plus: have worked on projects that have scaled to hundreds of thousands of users
- Plus: experience with fintech
- Effective communication skills with technical and non-technical team members, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
Currently we are hiring Full Stack Engineers for the teams below:
Tech Ops: Works on productivity tools as well as ownership of security and governance.
Core: Works on our core card product of building out, maintaining and upgrading.
Internal Tools: Works on building a CMS and LMS. Drives value for Extra’s services for our customers.
Interactions: Works on everything customer facing from interface, rewards, sweepstakes. Focus on bringing value to our customers through engaging experiences and community feel.
Interactions/Growth: Works on landing pages; both ones on our site as well as ones with our influencer community. Key team for customer funnel conversions.