Today, over 100 million Americans don't want or can't get a credit card. Yet, there are very few alternatives for establishing your credit other than with a risky Credit Card. Our mission is to make credit building safer, smarter, and more accessible for everyone. Extra is the first debit card that builds your credit and earns rewards points.
(We couldn't believe this didn't already exist either)
Extra is run by a small, lean, and customer-obsessed team. Our crew has been responsible for internet sensations like Down to Shop, Try Not to Smile, and Coasterville — We are funded by some of the best consumer venture firms including Greycroft, Lerer Hippeau, Firstmark Capital, and more. As of recent, our cofounders Max and Cyrus made the Forbes 30 Under 30 List in 2020.
What we're looking for
As Extra’s Product/Marketing Counsel, you will partner closely with several internal teams, but mostly Marketing, Growth, Product, Brand and other parts of the Legal & Compliance teams. You will also include advising the overall enterprise on all relevant legal and regulatory matters within the marketing and product-related areas.
What you'll do
- Have the ability to anticipate legal issues/risks
- Hold demonstrated experience structuring innovative financing transactions
- Demonstrate extensive experience drafting and negotiating financing, security and ancillary documents as well as craft a plan that elevates the brand and promotes deep engagement and sharing of the experience
- Assist business units and fintech partners in the development of advertising and promotional materials and activities, including launch materials and new claims
- Drive experiential strategy for select campaigns and categories of business
- Serve as a creative thought partner, stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, emerging technologies and leverage that knowledge to innovate events
Minimum Basic Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, J.D. from an accredited law school and current license to practice law
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a product marketing role at a FinTech company, ideally within consumer finance, working on developer-focused products
- Experience working in a start-up culture
- Strong reputation-working with interdisciplinary teams as being innovative, accountable, reliable and able to thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Have worked closely with Marketing, Growth, Brand and Product teams in executing a product strategy and roadmap
- Ability to serve as an in-house expert of all the legal and regulatory details related to our customers, product, and competition
- Determine how new product initiatives will go from established concepts to products that are released and adopted by our customer base
- Manage the delivery and release of new features in conjunction with the engineering team
Not your role, but passionate about what we're doing? We'd still love to hear from you. Extra is always looking to hire exceptionally talented people who want to help change the future of wealth creation