Today, over 100 million Americans don't want or can't get a credit card. Yet, there are very few alternatives for establishing your credit other than with a risky Credit Card. Our mission is to make credit building safer, smarter, and more accessible for everyone. Extra is the first debit card that builds your credit and earns rewards points.
(We couldn't believe this didn't already exist either)
Extra is run by a small, lean, and customer-obsessed team. Our crew has been responsible for internet sensations like Down to Shop, Try Not to Smile, and Coasterville — We are funded by some of the best consumer venture firms including Greycroft, Lerer Hippeau, Firstmark Capital, and more. As of recent, our cofounders Max and Cyrus made the Forbes 30 Under 30 List in 2020.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Head of Social Media to own the strategy, measure performance, and consistently be nimble, adapting and bringing new ideas to life that support our mission.
We see a big opportunity to stand out (as we do today), create conversation starting content, and develop a social presence that makes people pause.
This role will lead the social team – We are looking for someone who gets excited about owning all aspects of strategizing, executing, hiring and managing.
Our product has the ability to help millions of people and we see this as a critical role to reach the masses while also building our brand and having fun while doing so.
What you’ll do
Design Extra’s social media personality, create a plan and bring it to life, including…
- Build short and long term strategies for social channel management and growth (for existing and new channels)
- Collaborate with the brand team on a regular basis to ensure strategy is aligned with style, tone, and messaging
- Be on top of trends for specific channels (Facebook, IG, TikTok, Twitter, Reddit, etc. ) and rapidly source/produce content to leverage the momentum
- Build the reporting structure and cadence to share growth, insights, and engagement with the wider team
- Translate learnings into actionable insights - in particular, growing followers and driving engagement
Build and lead the social media team. You and your team will be responsible for…
- Channel Management + Content Creation
- Plan, execute and maintain the social media calendar for all Extra organic social platforms
- Write captions and keep Extra’s tone of voice and consistency throughout all social platforms
- Source and create content for the platforms as well as scheduling posts – Frequency of posts will vary depending on the channel and strategy
- Lead creative brainstorms and content/campaign ideation and be able to follow through from planning to execution
- Develop and maintain the process of social listening in partnership with the Communications Director and the moderation team
Minimum Basic Requirements
- 6+ years of experience in social media planning, social media strategy, content creation, or other relevant fields required
- 4+ years of experience managing high-visibility, high-profile accounts for top brands
- Management experience - you’ll be building and managing a team
- Ability to work cross functionally with teams (brand, creative, rewards, growth, product, etc.)
- Ability to edit content - color correction, video edits native to the respective platforms, etc.
- Extra team members come from all over – consumer, brand, agencies and the finance world. Your impact will be immediate, and we can’t wait to start working together.
- Comfortable with working in a fast paced environment, facilitating a lot of different requests from different departments
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent editorial judgment, writing skills, and ability to capture Extra’s voice
- Experience with social data insights, and a working knowledge of social data tools
- A natural communicator with strong writing skills; you’re able to sell people into a vision and bring them along on your thought process and strategy