Today, over 100 million Americans don’t want or can’t get a credit card. Yet, there are very few alternatives for establishing your credit other than with a risky Credit Card. Our mission is to make credit building safer, smarter, and more accessible for everyone. Extra is the first debit card that builds your credit history and earns rewards points just like a credit card. Our technology uses your cash history to determine your spending limit, so there’s no need for a credit check.
(We couldn’t believe this didn’t already exist either)
Extra is run by a small, lean, and customer-obsessed team. Our crew has been responsible for internet sensations like Down to Shop, Try Not to Smile, and Coasterville — We are funded by some of the best consumer venture firms including Greycroft, Lerer Hippeau, Firstmark Capital, and more. As of recent, our cofounders Max and Cyrus made the Forbes 30 Under 30 List in 2020.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a leader who can take charge of our free user team and take responsibility for the outcomes of in-app growth. We want someone creative, driven, and experienced who can take a brand new product funnel and turn it into a sustainable funnel for conversions. You’ll need to be able to manage a team, manage a vision, be failure tolerant, and create experiment after experiment and chase incremental gains and victories. You’ll need to thrive on elite teams, be willing to be pushed and challenged, and be willing to push others. Do you see yourself in this role?
What you’ll do:
- Take responsibility for the outcomes for free users to cardholders, focusing on the KPI for conversions
- Diagnose gaps and opportunities, create strategies and experiments, and execute to improve our in-app funnels
- Analyze data and report on funnel performance
- Lead initiatives and manage a small team to create better in-app funnels
- Create worthwhile conversations and engagement opportunities in-app that drive value and progress users towards becoming cardholders
- Write detailed specifications for new initiatives, features, and experiments
- Diagnose gaps and opportunities in our funnels and do presentations with the product team and other departments
- Work within the larger product organization as a leader and teammate to collaborate, execute, and win
Minimum Basic Requirements
- Previous experience at hyper-growth companies
- 5+ years in product management
- 2+ years in leadership or management positions
- 2+ years working with in-app funnels (such as freemium funnels)
- Proven track record of success
- Analytics skills with excel, SQL, or similar
- Previous experience in fintech, specifically in lending, banking, credit, or finance
- Experience with in-app currencies (like tokens, points, etc)
- Hyper focused on thoughtful decision making to really move company KPI’s, 10x not 10%
Not your role, but passionate about what we're doing? We'd still love to hear from you. Extra is always looking to hire exceptionally talented people who want to help change the future of wealth creation.