Today, over 100 million Americans don’t want or can’t get a credit card. Yet, there are very few alternatives for establishing your credit other than with a risky Credit Card. Our mission is to make credit building safer, smarter, and more accessible for everyone. Extra is the first debit card that builds your credit history and earns rewards points just like a credit card. Our technology uses your cash history to determine your spending limit, so there’s no need for a credit check.
(We couldn’t believe this didn’t already exist either)
Extra is run by a small, lean, and customer-obsessed team. Our crew has been responsible for internet sensations like Down to Shop, Try Not to Smile, and Coasterville — We are funded by some of the best consumer venture firms including Greycroft, Lerer Hippeau, Firstmark Capital, and more. As of recent, our cofounders Max and Cyrus made the Forbes 30 Under 30 List in 2020.
What we’re looking for
You never get a second chance at a first impression. And with social often being the first brand impression for most, we are looking for a senior social media manager to help us think outside the box for our social presence. Remember the last fintech ad that you say on your timeline? Didn’t think so… We see a big opportunity to completely stand out (as we do today) by being as native and unique as possible with every social channel that we serve. We are looking for someone who gets excited about owning all aspects of strategizing, executing, hiring and managing the ideal social team to do so. Our product has the ability to help millions of people and we see this as a critical role to reach the masses while also building our brand and having fun while doing so.
What you’ll do
- Plan and maintain the Social Media Calendar for all Extra organic social platforms.
- Source and create content for the platforms as well as scheduling posts. Frequency of posts will vary depending on the channel and strategy.
- Hire and manage specific personnel roles to maintain our presence across multiple channels. (Ex: IG & TikTok channel managers)
- Be on top of trends for specific channels (IG, TikTok, Twitter and Reddit, mainly) and rapidly source/produce content to leverage the momentum.
- Manage and keep Extra’s tone of voice and consistency throughout all social platforms.
- Leverage User-Generated Content throughout the platforms, as well as identify opportunities with the Growth team to use this content in ads.
- Develop and maintain the process of social listening in partnership with the moderation team. (This will be done using a platform like Meltwater).
Minimum Basic Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, business
- 2-4 years of experience in social media marketing, digital/software marketing
- 2+ years of experience managing high-visibility, high-profile accounts for top brands
- Comfortable with working in a fast paced environment, facilitating a lot of different requests from different departments
- Strong organizational skills