Can we tap into your network?
Please introduce us...
If you know someone who wants to make an important difference in educators' lives, please enter their contact information below. One of our career experts will follow up within a week by phone or email to explain more about the opportunity.
In the meantime, you can view and share this short video with your candidate. It introduces you to a career changer who successfully made the transition to a Horace Mann agent.
Horace Mann agents make an important difference in the financial lives of the educators they help - and are well rewarded for doing so.
We are expanding and looking for people to join our team. The right applicant is achievement-oriented, excellent at building relationships and motivated to succeed. Horace Mann helps them be successful by offering:
- A defined niche customer base of K-12 public school employees
- Proven market access strategies
- A strong support structure, including training
- Competitive compensation
If you refer someone who is contracted by Horace Mann, you can be rewarded with a payment of $1,500.
Program eligibility and details
- The new external Referral Program is effective for appointments made on or after September 15th, 2019.
- The program will pay $1,500 to those who sign an Exclusive Agent Agreement. In addition, if the referring individual is a member of a participating association (an association which promoted the program in coordination with Horace Mann), the applicable association program will also receive a $1,500 donation.
- Payments will be made upon the official appointment date for the referred agent.
- All payments made directly to individuals under the program will be reported as taxable income via W-2 or 1099. Payments to non-employees are reportable on a 1099 MISC so the referring individual's name, address and Social Security number must be provided prior to payment.
- In lieu of a cash payment, a $1,500 DonorsChoose.org gift code can be provided to the referring individual.
- Program qualifications and payments are based on the program in place at the time of EA appointment, not the referral date.
- Referrals who are hired as W2'd Account Executives are ineligible for this program.
- The program may be subject to change at any time.