Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology and top-notch customer service.
Our technology-forward omnichannel and API-first solution allows any merchant to offer protection plans, both online and in store, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters. More recently, Extend also launched a shipping protection solution, covering consumers in the case of lost, damaged or stolen packages. This is further expanding the company’s addressable market and value creation for merchants.
We are a venture-backed startup in downtown San Francisco led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend simplifies the technology stack for the product and shipping protection industries.
About the Role:
Extend is passionate about protecting the products people love and use everyday. Our goal is to disrupt an archaic industry and give more peace of mind to stuff-lovers everywhere, while fostering an exceptional company culture of learning, ownership, and diversity along the way.
Account Executives at Extend are responsible for structuring partnerships with industry-leading, omnichannel brands and retailers. Our Account Executives are the quarterback of the deal cycle, responsible for managing a complex set of relationships, both internally and externally, to successfully navigate a highly consultative sales process.
We are looking for detail-oriented self-starters with a bias towards action and genuine curiosity when it comes to understanding their buyer’s needs and delivering against a complex and custom set of requirements. Successful AEs are comfortable with ambiguity and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to solve their customers’ unique problems, oftentimes building new materials, financial models, presentations, etc. completely from the ground up.
There is a heavy emphasis on building quality pipeline from your seat - this is a predominantly outbound sales motion.
**This role will be hybrid with a requirement of at least 4 days in our San Francisco office.
What You’ll Do:
- You will have a unique opportunity to play a significant role in driving strategic growth for a Series C startup on an exciting growth trajectory
- Manage 3-12 month sales cycles, selling directly to groups of decision-makers, including C-level executives and other key stakeholders
- Utilize industry knowledge and trends to position our products and services effectively.
- Build and nurture strong relationships that help find solutions that provide value for our Retail partners and their customers
- Lead all internal cross-functional execution needed throughout the sales-cycle: Business Development, Solution Engineering, Pricing, Programs, Legal, and Customer Success
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and emerging technologies.
- Share insights and feedback from the field to shape company offerings and team strategy.
- Present a thorough Territory Plan within the first 45 days.
- Execute on goals [quarterly/annual] for pipeline and new deal signings.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years of quota-carrying sales experience utilizing a solution and value selling approach
- Bonus if you have experience selling to the Retail industry or experience selling Payments, POS, Retail tech, Martech, or API-driven technologies.
- A curious, entrepreneurial individual with plenty of grit, analytical prowess, creative thinking, and initiative
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Extensive experience building customer relationships and negotiating complex deals by having a deep understanding of client’s business objectives and relevant KPIs
- Passion for communicating value to senior stakeholders and figuring out creative ways to create success
- Strong team player excited to work cross-functionally and build internal relationships
Expected Pay: $250,000 per year OTE*
*The target base salary range for this position is listed above. Individual salaries are determined based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, work location and job-related knowledge, skills and experience. Incentive compensation will be provided as part of a total compensation package.
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Very generous, flexible paid time off policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.