Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology and top-notch customer service.
Our technology-forward omnichannel and API-first solution allows any merchant to offer protection plans, both online and in store, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters. More recently, Extend also launched a shipping protection solution, covering consumers in the case of lost, damaged or stolen packages. This is further expanding the company’s addressable market and value creation for merchants.
We are a venture-backed startup in downtown San Francisco led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend simplifies the technology stack for the product and shipping protection industries.
About the Role:
Extend is looking for a highly motivated, goal-oriented sales representative with strong business acumen to join our Business Development team. As a Business Development Representative, you will contribute to generating pipeline by prospecting outbound leads through cold outreach and work collaboratively across our sales organization to set meetings with stakeholders of prospective partners of Extend.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As a Business Development Representative you will be responsible for working collaboratively with the sales team to manage a book of business and develop outreach strategies to targeted accounts. You will act as the first point of contact for prospects and represent Extend’s brand. By taking a consultative approach you will uncover and qualify prospective customer’s business needs and priorities. As a sales professional you will acquire and maintain a strong understanding of Extend’s solutions to become a trusted advisor to prospects.
This role will be hybrid with a requirement of at least 3 days in our San Francisco office.
What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to demonstrate basic telesales skills
- Goal oriented individual with strong communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Self-motivated to achieve individual goals
- Bachelor's degree or significant relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- Desire to work in sales and in the tech industry;
- Coachable, curious and adaptable to changing environments
- Professional, efficient communication (verbal, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills (positive and personable)
Expected Pay Range: $85,000 per year OTE*
*The target base salary range for this position is listed above. Individual salaries are determined based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, work location and job-related knowledge, skills and experience. Incentive compensation will be provided as part of a total compensation package.
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Very generous, flexible paid time off policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.